Prologue

It's been almost three months since Tsukishima Kei and I started dating. For some people, our relationship could look ideal. They say I'm the luckiest woman on Earth for pulling a smart, handsome, and athletic guy like him.

That's a fact, though. I don't and can't disagree with that statement. Of course, I felt happy to be noticed by a guy whom I thought is beyond my reach.

Whenever I am with him, I could feel the gap between us. How so many people admire and look up to him, while he's stuck with a boring, normal girlfriend.

That's why I told myself to love and take care of him. Even if he has short comings, I would still be glad that he's given me his attention.

Even when he started to make the gap between us obvious, I still tried to adjust. I thought, I'm the one who's lacking so I need to understand and be better for him.

Days, turned to weeks, and soon become months. During the 6th month of our relationship, I became nonexistent to him.

I am his girlfriend, but he had other girls to entertain. Meaning, I'm just a worthless baggage waiting to be discarded by him.

My friends often told me to break up with him. They saw how our relationship affected me. That they are angry at Kei for treating me like this.

But I believed it'll be over soon. "I'm sorry. I can't let him go. It's too late, because I already fell hard for him."

As expected, they also got mad at me. I'm also mad at myself for not pitying my own.

One day, we were together for our 7th monthsarry. But although he's just one seat apart, it felt like I need to dive the deepest part of the ocean just to be with him.

"Kei. Hello? Can you hear me...?" I asked. He's wearing his headphones as usual.

Kei put down his headphones and looked at me as if he's jusging something.

"What?" Kei.

He looked irritated, but I still gave him my sweetest smile, "Happy 7th months and more to us!" The bento cake I held with my two hands had candles already lit.

But I just blew it on my own. "This is so childish," he said.

My heart sank, but I decided to just laugh it off.

All throughout the date, he only looked at his phone. I just stayed silent while eating the cake I brought.

He kept on looking at his wristwatch, but I ignored it. Or it's more like I can't say anything about it.

When it finally hit 6:30PM (18:30), he asked to go home already.

"Hey, I have to go now." Without even hearing my response, he immediately left.

The people around me are probably laughing about how pathetic I looked just right now.

I shrugged and just let him.

I'm in a relationship wherein I can't leave even when I'm badly hurt. No matter how it hurts being pushed back a couple of times, I will still run to you.

A/N:
Yay! My first Haikyuu ff <3 No fluffs tho. Be prepared ^^

By the way, the cover is not mine. Credits to the rightful owner!