Chapter 21

" Three of WindClans cats are dead! Your attack was Unjust! " PygmyLeap snarled at Sol. " I simply did what OneStar wished, you must simply move one " Sol said, his gaze unmoving. " How can I Move on! LeafTail was my mentor, AshFoot is my Grandmother! And WhiskerPaw was just a Apprentice, and your son! Are you not hurt? " PygmyLeap growled. " I am hurt by my sons death, but he went out as a warrior should, in battle. And I lost my own cats Remember, Jester, Pepper, Merry, Birdy, and Flower, Jingo is lost Without her , I lost more cats than you did, maybe have some sympathy for me " Sol snapped back. " Now I'm returning back to camp, don't throw to much of a fit " Sol said, calming down, and walking away from the  moors where they stood. PygmyLeap growled, there was a gathering in a few days, it was best he lay low so he could meet with the other stars. He followed behind sol, a few fox tails away from eachother. When returning to camp, OneStar nodded at the two toms, and leaped up to the TallRock " Let all cats able to Run ty farthest moors gather for a clan meeting! " He called. As the cats gathered, PygmyLeap saw RushFoot crawl out of the elders den, his old bone hardly able to carry him. PygmyLeap trotted over and sat next to him, smiling. " Cats of WindClan, as we all know, AshFoot has passed, and as WindClan tradition, we have waited a Day before we made a new deputy, so AshFoot and run our moors one last time. But now that time is ended, and WindClan needs a new deputy. " OneStar spoke, his tail twitched slightly. PygmyLeap felt a pang of empathy for him, he couldn't imagine losing a sister. OneStar cleared his throat, and continued " I say these words before my warrior ancestors, and this cats kin, so they may all accept my choice. CrowFoot, will you be our new deputy? You come from a long line of deputy's, I know that you will make them proud and be the leader they unfortunately couldn't " OneStar said, his voice stiff. "  I will accept this role as Deputy OneStar, I thank you " CrowFoot said, dipping his head. " CrowFoot! CrowFoot! " the cats of WindClan, including PygmyLeap chanted. PygmyLeap glanced over at Sol and his cats, who seemed to stay silent, the only expression in the group was a smirk on Sols face. PygmyLeap pushed it away, his father Was Deputy, and pride surged through him.