Heart aches and Heart breaks

Start from the beginning

Shaantala’s POV :

Finally my Krithi got a very loving life partner and a caring family. When she told about Avinaash, naturally me and Dev were worried about her future. But when we met Avinaash’s family, we were very happy about the proposal. Even after being such a huge name in the business field, they were really down to earth and warm people. They readily considered Krithi as their daughter once they met her. Even during our toughest time they came forward to help us. I’m really grateful to my fortune for letting us meet such wonderful people.

Dev and I struggled to give best in everything for both our kids. Things were difficult when Dev just started the construction company but through his hard work, he managed to survive the harsh competition and made Vasishtas a brand name. Ved followed his Dad’s path in business and helped him in every step.

Since my daughter found a beautiful family for herself, now my major concern is my Ved’s future. That boy is really a workaholic kid. His life is full of meetings, conferences and projects. I want him to live his life like a normal boy in his 20’s.
He wanted perfectness in everything but I don’t know how he ended up choosing a girl like Anaitha as his life partner. That girl is nothing but a gold digger in disguise but my son has been ignoring this since the beginning. When we met her we didn’t have much idea about her, so with all her sweet talks she managed to make us think she was a good match for my Ved.

But her true colors were out when we casually checked Ved’s credit card details. She used my son like a cash cow and my son was dumb enough to believe it was ok to spend so much in the name of love. I don’t have anything against the way he spends his money on someone, but I clearly knew she isn’t the one for my son. Their relationship lacked the spark.

Though Ved kept speaking high and mighty about his love, reality was something else. She didn’t even consider it necessary to be part of Krithi’s engagement and she was nowhere to be found when our restaurant chain had issues even though she was working as Ved’s secretary.

I don’t want him to have someone who cares only about his money and status in his life. I want someone who can become his strength at times of need and love him through his thicks and thins. When I met Jaanvi for the first time in Arnav’s engagement, I really loved that cheerful girl who brought a smile on everyone’s face wherever she was. When she came to our home and I got to know she is Avinaash’s sister, I was very happy. I wanted someone like her to be the life partner for Ved.

Since Arnav and Yash are good friends of Ved, I asked their idea about Ved and Jaanvi’s pair. But then I got to know that my idiot son was in a relationship with her and broke up for some silly reasons. I don’t know how stupid was he to reject someone like her and go with a completely fake girl like Anaitha. My son might be dumb enough to loose a girl like her, but I’m not. So I decided that Jaanvi will be the daughter in law of this house. I talked to Dev about this and he was already very positive about this proposal.

So I decided to have a talk with Jaanvi’s family about this sometime soon. But due to her grandfather’s sudden health issues we couldn’t discuss this matter. When Ved came back from the hospital after meeting their family, I and Dev decided to visit them. Since Ved was busy with his work only we both travelled to Bangalore.

Once we reached there, we had a talk about his health conditions and we got to know about his wish to see his grandkids getting married at the earliest. I didn’t want miss a girl like Jaanvi for my Ved. So I and Dev decided to put forward our proposal.
We all gathered after lunch since we had to discuss about Krithi and Avinaash’s marriage dates.
  “My father’s health is getting better but he always speaks about Avi and Jaanu’s marriage, even though it’s a bit rushed affair, I don’t want to take a chance with her future. We all just wish we find someone for our princess just like Krithi to our Avi."
Her father spoke.
  “Though my Jaanu has told us to choose her partner, we can’t make a hasty decision in this matter. After all, it’s the matter of her future.”
I can totally understand her mother’s concern.
  “Mom, Dad stop worrying too much about this, we will find a great match for Jaanu. Everything will be fine. Let’s hope for the best”
Avinaash tried to pacify them.
  “If you all don’t mind, I have a proposal for Jaanvi. I hope you can consider"
I voiced out my opinion.
  “Please Mrs. Shaantala, you are a part of our family now. If you can find a good partner for our princess, we are more than happy to accept it”
Her mother held my hands and entire family looked at me with hopeful eyes.
  “I want to ask for Jaanvi’s hands for my Ved. I know I might sound greedy right now, but ever since I met her I wanted to make her a part of my family. I can’t find someone more suitable for my Ved. So if you all can consider, then I will be more than happy to take her home as my daughter”
I spoke my heart out and I was waiting for their reactions.
  “Ved is indeed a great choice for our Jaanvi and we have complete trust over your family. But still I want kids to talk about this matter. Ultimately its their life and their choice. If they are happy with this, I will be relieved to send my Jaanvi as your daughter-in-law"
Her father spoke with utmost sincerity.

Since Jaanvi was still in office, we were waiting for her to come home and make a decision.
  “Hello uncle and aunty. I didn’t know you were coming home. Sorry I was caught up with some meetings. How are you both?”
Jaanvi walked in and took our blessings and sat with her family.
  “We are fine Jaanvi. We came to meet you grandfather and talk to you all."
  “That’s so sweet of you. Did Krithi Attige join you by any chance? Is she here?”
Her eyes searched for Krithi.
  “Jaanu, looks like you forgot it, your sister in law can’t visit her in-law's place before marriage ”
Her mom smiled at her sulking kid.
  “But Mom…she is already a part of our family and she is the one who will start living here, don’t you think its unfair for her to not visit her soon to be home”
She was more concerned about Krithi than anyone.
  “But traditions are also important princess. Anyways your dear Attige will soon get married and come home to live with us. We are discussing the wedding dates."
Her Dad told her and I could already see her getting excited.
  “That’s a great news Dad. I’m really excited about it”
All her family members looked at her with adoration in their eyes.
  “Princess, we have something to ask you about your marriage"
She came and sat next to her Dad.
  “Did you find my prince by any chance?”
She asked her Dad with a bright smile.
  “We did find someone and also you know them well too."
Her brother spoke.
  “Stop beating around the bush now”
She playfully glared at them.
  “Your brother’s mother in law here, wants to make you her daughter in law. We will give you the full freedom to decide and take your own time and let us know about your thoughts. We are ok with any decision of yours”
Her father told her while patting her hair.

She was hesitant to answer anything for sometime. I can understand her condition. If only my son wasn't an idiot back then, things would have been much better today.
  “Will you all be happy if I say yes? "
She looked at her family and asked.
  “Your happiness is our priority Jaanu, if you are happy then we will continue with this decision.”
Her mother told her with an assuring smile.
  “Take your time Jaanvi. We are not asking you to give us your opinion right away. We will wait for your answers"
I told her and she said she needs some time to make final decisions.
  “Fine then, you should talk to Ved about this and if both the kids are ok then we can move forward with this"
Her Father announced to everyone.
  “Then we will talk to Ved and let you know about the decisions. Hopefully everything goes well. We will take a leave as we still have to meet Krithi and leave to Mangalore.”
We bid them our goodbyes and left to meet Krithi.

After meeting Krithi, we told her about the discussions and she was more than happy about it. She already loved having Jaanvi as her sister in law and now she was excited about the whole proposal thing. We returned home in the evening.

Guess who decided to play the cupid's role 😉
Trust me, there's always a Mom's way of tackling every situation😎
But...what will happen when Ved gets to know about this 🤔