Chapter 1

In the early afternoon, under a gray sky... (Y/N) was on her way to an art Gallery.

'Do I have everything?' She asked herself, rummaging through her purse. She smiled when her hand brushed over a piece of white fabric. It was a white handkerchief her late Grandmother had given her.

White marbled steps appeared and she looked up at the ginormous building. She had arrived at an art gallery that recently released an exhibition on the works of the famous artist, Feliciano Vargas. Little was known about the man, other than he was hard-working and his artistry passion.

Her grandmother had been fascinated with his works, having some copies scattered around her old house. When her grandmother couldn't take care of herself anymore, she was moved into assisted living. She brought what artwork she could and hung them around the walls. One in particular always sat above the TV.

It was a little girl with brown hair sleeping on a crescent moon. (Y/N) had asked about the painting but the answer she received confused her.

"I look at this painting and see the stars he saw. I feel the wind that he felt, and experience the world he created."

Her words seemed distant as if she was reliving a time in her life as she spoke. (Y/N) could see that the painting had affected her so much, she wanted to experience it herself.

The natural light was replaced by a warm, luminescent vibrancy and she entered the gallery. To the left, an old man with graying hair stood behind a desk with pamphlets littering the wood. Behind him on the wall, a poster of Vargas' most famous creation 'Abyss of the Deep' hung.

He gave her a welcoming smile as she approached. "Welcome to the gallery." He said while preparing her ticket. "Have you been here before?"

She shook her head. "No, this is my first time at a gallery."

"Ah, in that case." He handed her a pamphlet along with her ticket. "We have many creations of Vargas, such as paintings, sculptures, and other creations. He was an amazing artist, I guarantee you'll have a fantastic time."

She thanked the man and walked through the marbled halls. Her eyes darted over the creations in front of her. The one that caught her eye the most was on the ground. "Abyss of the Deep".

She stared at it, almost feeling the cold water envelop her, taste the salt as it entered her mouth, and hear the cries of the unknown monster below. She felt entranced by the dark creation and had a hard time tearing her eyes away. She slowly took a step back and let out a quiet "Oops" as she bumped into someone.

"Sorry." She muttered and moved out of the way, letting the tall blonde man by. He nonchalantly waved his hand and gave her a Hollywood smile. She flushed at her idiocy and lack of attention to her surroundings and walked to the second floor.

Upstairs held more paintings and sculptures, all of which she found fascinating. She made her way around the halls, taking in the details. Eventually, she found herself standing in front of a large wall. It only contained one painting in a golden frame.

"Fabricated World"

The lights flickered and she lifted her head to look. Almost as soon as it started, they stopped. Undisturbed by the sudden distraction, she continued looking at the colors when she noticed that it had gone quiet.

The soft music that had droned in the background was now silent. She wondered if there was a technical problem. She jokingly thought to herself that the gallery spent so much money on the exhibition they forgot to pay a bill.