chapter 40

no ones pov:

jace comes rushing towards the van with mazie in his arms.

running as fast as he can.

"simon!" he shouts as he runs towards it.

simon is no where to be found.

but clary is.

she is laying ontop of the van, weakliy opening her eyes.

"jace" her weak voice calls out.

jaces eyes widne,

he puts mazzie down and climbs to the top of the van before helping her down.

instantly mazie comes over to clary as jace sits clary on the floor.

a circle of magic swirls around the two of them as they watch.

clary finally being healed back to normal.

"clary wheres simon and gracie?" jace questions the moment mazie is done.

clarys eyes widen, suddnely rememebering what happened, she instantly rushes to the back of the van opening the doors making jaces eyes widen,

they laying on the floor is gracie. with simon sat next to her. his face covered in blood. the side of her neck stained the deep red colour, the one light grey shirt she was wearing now slowly being covered.

"what the hell did you do?!" jace shouts lookinga t simon with wide bwilderweared eyes.

" i didnt know what to do she was dying!" simon speaks his voice all stuttery and scared as he sits there next to her shkaing covered in her blood.

whilst clary bursts into tears holding onto jace and simon sits next to the girl who lays completely still no one notices mazie climb into the back of the van and sit down next to gracie.

she places her small hand on gracies heart and pushes up and down a few times.

"what what is she doing#?" simons confused voice questions looking at the small girl and gracie.

clary who was sobbing in jace arms pulls away enough to see what simon is talking about.

" mazie?" clarys uoset and tired voice questions.

maziie giggles making everyone look at her frowning.

the black covering all of gracies body slowy starts to disapeared.

but her normal peaching tone does not.

 instead she fades to a light grey tone. the pink flushes she had in her cheeks slowly disappear.

"whats happening?"clary questions as fresh tears roll down her face.

watching as mazie uses her magic on her twin sister.

"shes turning..."jace gasps looking at gracie with wide eyes

"turning into what?"simon questions his breaths long and his voice scared

"a vampire"

a gasp leaves gracies mouth as she sits up breathing heavily  she looks straight forwards.

her eyes a bright yellow colour.

with a panicked look in her eyes she breaths heavily looking around until a weight crashes into her.

she looks down seeing clary hugging her tightly before her throat starts to burn.

and her head gets dizzy.

"get away from me!"gracie gasps pushing clary off her shuffiling backwards quickly.

jumping to her feet she climbs out of the van stanidng there looking at everyone with wide yellow eyes.