chapter 49

"Azazel did this."alec speaks, he is crotched down next to a body, magnus was too but he comes walking towards us.

we're stood in an alleyway, this is the late place she was seen.

" Izzy's necklace. It's broken." i mutter holding the neckalce in my hands, the one that was origally magnus's. i found it on the floor." Where is she?" i question looking down at alec confused.

me and alec went back to the insitute to meet up with jace and clary and explain everything that has happened.

we need to find izzy.

"I thought Izzy had the flu! Why would she leave the institute?" clary questions confused, we're gathered around a small table in the mian room of the insistute.

" I don't know, but if he's hurt her..."alec mutters leaning on the table with an angry expression on his face.

" She could have escaped. We don't even know if he has her."jace speaks seriously looking at alec.

" She hasn't called, and she's not answering her phone."alec speaks sighing." But she's still alive. I know it, it's just..He's got her."he speaks looking down at the table.

the secreity camera plays, showing the person face causng alec to glare down looking at it.

"What does he want?" clary questions confused looking between the boys.

" I don't know, but we should inform the Inquisitor, OK?"jace speaks seriously nodding his head looking at alec.

"But she's in a meeting with the Alicante Council."clary informs us making me look over at her confused.

" new buddy?" i question raisisng my eyebrows making her frown at me confused.

" I don't understand. Why Izzy? What does a Greater Demon want with her?"alec questions confused, shaking his head.

"I'm not sure... I think I know who we could ask."jace says looking between me and clary making my eyes widen.

"I have no idea what you're talking about...but it's so nice to see all of you."valentine speaks smiling weakily looking at us from his place, sat in the chair still. bound to it by his hands and legs. his face slightly cut and brusied by the tourcher hes clearly being going threw.

" Azazel wouldn't leave Duduael on his own. Someone broke him out. Someone with access to the Mortal Cup."clary speaks, with her arms crossed and a fruious look on her face.

"Circle Members. They released the Greater Demon to break you out of here."jace tells him raising his eybrows

" I thought I raised you to have common sense."valentine scoffs looking between us all.

"If the Greater Demon wanted to free me, how would I still be here having this inane conversation with you three? I want to banish demon filth from our realm." valntine speaks shaking his head at us.

" If that's true, then tell your followers to give back the cup. We can force Azazel to give us Izzy." i say seriously looking at hik making him smile slightly.

"innoncent little gracelynne I don't know where the Mortal Cup is!" he suddnely shouts making my eyes widen and flash slightly, anger filling my body.

i go to step forwards only for jace to put a hand on my shoulder stopping me.

he steps towards valentine instead.

"If you're lying, so help the Angel." jace grunts looking down at him with an angry expression.