chapter 15

no ones pov:

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?"clary says quickly rushing threw the front doors to the institue.

jace, alec and izzy following after her. alec's face annoyed and drained he said he would protect her. and now she's gone.

"Because we protect humans. "jace tells the red ahired twin.

clary turns around quickly looking at him.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van."clary says harshly turning to look at izzy really annoyed.

izzy just scoffs and rolls her eyes looking away.

"Great job, guys. You rock."clary says rolling her eyes.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense."alec tell clary making her scoff.

 "Alec, not now. my sister is out there to." clary says making aclec look away from her. she can tell he feels slightly guitly that gracie was taken too.

"Look, they won't do anything to graice or Simon. gracie is half shadowhunter. they cant touch her."jace tells clary claming her slightly but not enough to make her anger diaspear."They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it."jace tells clary making her look at him.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone.""clary speaks her voice annoyed as she sighs and runs a hand threw her hair."i cant be4live this..." she mutters to herself." What am I supposed to do now?" she asks looking bwteen the three.

" We have to report to the Clave."alec says going to walk away.

"great."clary mutters making alec stop.

"they have to know we've learned about Valentine."alec tells her looking at her.

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon and gracie?"clary asks him her voice very sharsh and almost rude.

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup."izzy tells her making her confused and frown.

"why?2 she asks confused.

"Why" clary asks.

"It makes new Shadowhunters. Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself. Plus, it controls demons. They'll propose a trade. Simon and gracie for the Cup."jace e-plains to clary making her even more worried.

"So, vampires will trade  gracie and Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love."clary says dramtically shaking her head.

"What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" calry asks the otherts dont thinks she being serious but she doesnt want to lose anyone.

"So this doesn't matter to you?"alec asks her crossing his arms.

"Yes, of course, it matters!" clary says making everyone be quiet." Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me."clary says looking at jace." I can't turn into what you are overnight." she says looking between all threee of the more experiencfe shadow hunters.

"It's true. She was raised as a mundane."izzy says making alec roll his yes.

"What are you, her spokesman now?" he asks sarcastically lookin at his sister.