chapter 42

me and magbnus go back to my room. me sat on the bed my thumb in my mouth watching as he grabs my bag and starts to slowly pack things.

"so..." he mutters with his back to me."you gonna tell me what alec's done?" he asks making me shake my head.

 he frowns and looks over his shoulder seeing me shake my head he sighs.

dropping the bag onto the floor he walks over to me and sighs. he sits down on the bed and i crawl ovee to him climbing onto his lap. i look up at him with innocent eyes as he straes down at me.

"you and alec are very important to me." he mutters pushing some hair out of my face.

"awec's mean." i whisper pulling my thumb out of my mouth. he frowns at me placing his hand on the side of my face.

"why?" he whispers to me but i dont say anything. i just look away. he sighs knowing im not going to tell him.

"lets finish getting you packed up." he mutters patting my back. he lifts me off him before getting up and walking bakc over to my bag and puts the rest of my clothes inside.

he grabs my stele and puts it in my bag aswell as the book before coming over to me and lifting a hoodie over my head before picking me up and carrying me out of my room.

i snuggle into him as we walk towards the portal hoping to just go back to his place and g to sleep.

but just like always nothing goes how i want it to.

jace and izzy stop us.

"gracie...."jace says smiling sadly at me making me pout.

he defiently knows about alec's plan.

"where clary?" i ask looking at him frowning before looking aorund not seeing my sister anywhere.

"shes with simon...shes fine" jace speaks smiling at me before he looks at magnus."we need your help."he tells magnus making magnus sigh.

we move from the middle of the hallway to the training room magnus  still hodling me but im more awake  now listening to jace and izzy's plan.

"Let me get this straight. You need Alec's stele to open the safe, and you want me to steal it from him? " magnus speaks shifitng me on his hip and my bag on his shoulder.

"want me to take her." izzy says looking at magnus trying to speak to jace serously but im shifting in his arms.

magnus nods and slowly drops me to my feet making me frown.and try and get back into his arms.

"go see isabelle." he tells me making me frown. i turn and see izzy stood there a small smile on her face.

i nod and walk over standing next to izzy reahcing and holding her hand. one hand in hers one holding bunny tightly.

"you know about alec's stupid plan?"she mutters looking at me. i look at her and nod sadly and she sighs.

 she pulls me into a hug making me whimper cause i dont want him to marry lydia.

"We prefer the word "borrow.""jace speaks making me and izzy pull apart. i watch magnus and jace speak as he tries to covince magnus to do it,.

"Without his knowledge."izzy says smirking.

"No. No can do. Not happening." magnus says shaking his head,.

"Magnus, ever since Alec found out our parents were in the Circle, he's been messed up. He can't see the big picture." jace speaks annoyed running a hand down his face frustrated.