"I didn't realize I was the keeper of your sister's calendar."aldertree mutters srcastically making me roll my eyes annoyed.

"Something's wrong She's been acting weird ever since you sent her to the Iron Sisters."alec tells him seriously his voice angry now.

a flash of pain runs threw my body making me squeeze my eyes shut and squeeze alecs hand.

"I think you're being paranoid. After what happened at your brother's party, perhaps I should recommend you for a psych evaluation." aldertree speaks looking at me and alec frowning at me squeezing my eyes shut." both of you..." he mutters looking at me frowning.

the pain fades slightly making me sigh quietly and i look up at alec before looking at aldertree already seeing him staring at me.

"What reason would I have to lie?" he shrugs looking at us with his eyebrows raised.

"I don't know, but whatever it is" alec mutters looking at him annoyed but aldertree cuts him off.

"Nothing's going on. I'm just trying to help."he speaks shurgging once again making me look at him annoyed."Now, I would ask yourself... is making insinuations about me really the road you want to go down?" he questions standing eye to eye with alec." Isabelle's more than capable of handling herself." he speaks looking at alec seriously.

"come on alec..." i mutter tugging on his hand before he glances at me and then looks at aldertree one more time before walking out of the room with me.

after that alec dropped me off with clary and jace, he had to figure out what was going on with his sister and i needed to help clary find mazie before we both.....

he wanted to drop me with magnus but i didnt want to and magnsu wasnt picking up his phone.

"Are you sure this is the park Alec was talking about?" clary questions looking around i walk beside her with my hand on my side.

" yeah Positive." i mutter looking around.

its dark now, meanings imon is here with us.

 its strange to think that my sister and him are dating...i sort of always knew he had a crush on her but...

"See the scorched grass? Someone opened a Portal." jace speaks looking at the floor.

i look downa nd notice the grass is burst in a circle shape on the floor.

the sound of simon running towards us quickly makes me look up.

"Nothing over there. And without the wolves to help us pick up a scent, this is gonna take forever."simpn explains to us making me sigh.

" We don't have forever." i whisper before walking forwards making everyone walk after me,.

"Everyone keep looking." clary speaks looking ebtween everyone." Maybe he can help."she suddenly says making me look at her seeing her looking towards a homeless man on a bench.

 we all look between each other before rushing over to him.

"Excuse me, um... a little girl might have gotten kidnapped a few days ago. we was wondering if you've seen her." clary questions looking at the man making him frown,

" I don't know what you're talking about." he replies back quickly making me look at clary.

"Are you sure? She's about this tall, pigtails, always-" clary speaks describing mazie to him but i cut her off.

"wears a scarf. Hey, where'd you get that scarf?" i question noticing the blue scarf in his jacket pocket...

its mazies....

"Nowhere. I found it. It's mine." the man speaks quickly snapping at us.

"Do you wanna make a trade? simon suddnely spe aks aming us all look at him confused.

he hits jace on the chest slightly and before we know it jace is swapping his jacket for the scarf and we all climb into the van before we race off.

jace anf simon sit up front whilst me and clary sit in the back, leaning forwards to look at them.

jace is tracking mazie using the scarf telling simon which ways to go.

"Keep heading north. The signal's faint, but we can still track her."jace explains making simon nod.

i frown...

"Don't sound too excited"i say to myself"It's too easy" i mutter making simon frown looking at em.

"It wasn't easy. That jacket's at least two sizes small on that guy. I'm just a great salesman gracie" he speaks with a proud grin on his face makingv me shake my head.

"Valentine's too smart to have not thought about blocking the signal." i tell them seriously looking towards jace since i know hes the only one who will undertstand what im saying right now.

"If we can track Madzie, it's because he wants us to. We'll be walking into a trap. "he says reasliing looking at me amking me nod.

"What are you suggesting? That we don't find Madzie?"simon questions scoffing looking at jace.

"That's not what I'm saying."jace huffs rolling his eyes.

"Simon's right. "clary speaks quietly making me look at her with wide eyes."Trap or no trap, the scarf is our only option." clary speaks before grabbing my hand with her none burst one.

"we can't let Valentine activate the Soul-Sword, either"clary speaks looking at me sriously making me frown."So whatever happens, you can't let him take us alive." clary speaks amking meyes widen even more before she drops my hand and looks at jace and simon.

"Uh... Clary, you're kind of freaking me out." i say looking at her confused and worried.

"Trust me, I've thought about it and Maia was right." she says seriously making me look at her.

" i have too and i dont want to die!" i gasp looking at her with wide eyes.

"What are... What are you talking about?"simon questions looking over his shoulder slightly at her.

"I would rather die than let Valentine destroy the Downworld."clary speaks looking at him before looking at me."gracie we have to do this...so many epoplke are going to die...magnus would die..." she speaks looking at me reaching for my hadn again making me look at her.

tears form in my eyes as i think about what she is telling me.....

they promised me they would do anything to protect me....but this...this is my chance to protect them...

" I need you to promise me. If Valentine ever gets to us..."clary speaks turning to look at the boys again.

"No.absolutely not"simon says instantly.

"I promise. If it ever comes to that, I won't let him take you alive."jace speaks his vpoice quiet as he doesnt look at us knwoing that his heart will break is clary dies and alecs will break if i die....but he has to do this...