Ch 32: Bombing at the Jedi Temple

Start from the beginning

"I will" Ahsoka said.

I watched as Ahsoka and Russo walked out. Anakin had his back turned as I walked beside him.

"You feel it?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said. "I don't know exactly what it is."

"Me neither" he said.

"Do you think it could be a Jedi?" I asked. "I mean, do you really think that?"

"You know as well as I do that not every Jedi is like us" he said.

"We should go find Ahsoka" I said.

We walked to the infirmary as Ahsoka walked towards us.

"Did you find anything?" She asked.

"No but the rumor about it being a Jedi is growing, Ahsoka" I said. "I can feel the anger and confusion throughout the Jedi Temple."

"Russo and I have a lead" she said. "We are looking for one of the Temple workers, Jackar Bowmani."

"One of the witnesses saw him in the area where the bomb exploded right before it happened and we have not been able to find him anywhere" Russo said.

"Come on. Nobody just disappears" Anakin said.

"Unless it was well planned out" it said.

"Well it had to be well planned out to get past Jedi" he snapped. "I'll talk to security."

Anakin motioned for me to follow him as we went to the front. Chants were heard to stop the war, the violence. Anakin approached the guard, who slowly turned to him.

"All family and friends?" Anakin asked.

"Yes, looking for answers" he said.

"So am I, Cin" Anakin said. "This is the guy who might be behind all of this. If you see him, alert me or Organa immediately."

"That is Jackar!" A woman said.

"You know this man?" I asked.

"He is my husband" she said. "I've been trying to reach him since I heard of an explosion. Where is he!"

"You need to come with us" I said.

She slowly followed us inside as we brought her to a room. I stood with Anakin outside the doors as Poppy slowly walked past.

"You should go in" I said.

He nodded as the doors whooshed open. I tapped my finger on my arm waiting for Anakin to come out. He walked out, sighing.

"I'm guessing you found nothing?" I asked.

"No" he said. "Just hoping Ahsoka found something.

My comm beeped as I looked to Anakin.

"I'll meet you there" I said.

He walked away as I pressed the button on my arm.

"Luna" Mace said.

"Yes?" I said.

"Find anything out?" He asked.

"I'm starting to get the feeling you are right" I said. "I think a Jedi did this."

"I was hoping this would prove me wrong" he said. "The council requires a status report."

I went to meet Anakin and Ahsoka as they were watching hologram footage from the bombing.

"Did I miss anything?" I asked.

"Nano droids" Ahsoka said.

"Great" I said. "I will meet you two in the chambers. They are going to want a briefing."