I reach his room in no time and find Jackson sitting at his bed side "Jackie who is this?" The older man in the bed asks eyeing me up. Jackson sits up and looks over to where I am standing. He smiles and stands, coming over to bring me further inside "grandad." He says wrapping an arm around my waist "this is Doctor Andy Tearney, my girlfriend." The man studies me for a few moments and I shift under his intense stare. I didn't expect to be introduced to him, especially while he is like this.

I lean into Jackson and say quietly "why did you not tell me your grandfather was Harper Avery and that he was coming here?" Jackson leans close and I can smell his familiar aftershave "I didn't want you to think of me differently." He explains "and I wasn't planning on introducing you yet, he is here on a business trip." I nod my head.

Before we can say anymore Harper Avery clears his throat "if you are both done doing whatever you are doing I want to ask her some questions." Jackson looks like he is about to protest but I stop him with a gentle smile "fire away." This response seems to displease Harper but he continues "are you a resident like Jackie?" I raise my brows at Jackson and the nickname and he shakes his head.

I turn back to his grandfather and answer "no sir I'm an attending." This interests the older man and he sits up in his bed "what speciality?" He asks and I lean into Jackson "paediatric." The older man scoffs and winces as he moves around in the bed "easy, Jackie is going to go into Trauma now that's real work." I sigh deeply and turn to Jackson.

"I'll see you later?" I say tenderly, kissing his cheek. He nods and I take my leave, just as I round the corner out of the room I hear Jackson's grandad say "that woman's got a real nice ass on her." I can almost picture Jackson's expression as he replies "grandpa really?" I shiver to myself, utterly repulsed, that man is a real piece of work.

Later that day I go and check with Jackson to see how his grandfather is doing. He is looking through a window into the room where Richard and Derek are listening to him speak "what speech?" I hear Meredith ask as I come up and cuddle into Jackson, he kisses the top of my head before explaining "about the wonder's of medicine." He says with a sigh "about how, as surgeons, we're meant to push boundaries, and do what no one has ever done before."

Meredith is looking intensely through the window "sounds motivating." I say and share a smirk with my boyfriend "it's cheesy is what it is." I retorts. Meredith stops staring long enough to ask "why are you not freaking out? I'm freaking out, why aren't you?" I shrug watching as her attention wanders again "I don't know. He is a human like any other. He isn't God." Meredith scoffs and raises a hand to her face "tell that to Cristina."

Jackson moves me so I face him "and that is why I love you." I smile and check the time on the watch in my wrist "I've got to go, I have a lung repair in 10 minutes. Page me if you need anything." He nods and I leave the two of them standing there to go to my surgery.

I sit next to Lexie in the gallery as we watch Harper Avery's awake surgery, which is freaking awesome. I haven't spoken to her about Alex but as much as I want to, it really isn't any of my business and I don't want to start an argument or make Lexie feel bad. I am curious about how it happened though, and more then once too. "I don't get it." She says leaning back in her chair "why does he get to scrub in on his own grandfather's awake surgery?" Cristina leans forward and hands me a coffee which she grabbed for us "the same reason Harper Avery personally requested Meredith Grey to be his resident."

Alex, who I have been keenly aware is sitting behind me speaks up "nepotism sucks." I look around at the two residents and say "I'm from a family of doctors too." I frown at what they are implying, Cristina scoffs and shuffles back in her seat "explains alot." A glare at her and take a spiteful sip of my coffee. I turn back around and Alex leans forward to whisper to Lexie, I unfortunately hear it as he says "hey, you wanna go grab a bite?" Lexie looks between me and Alex, I pretend not to be listening.

She turns back to the glass "no. Actually I'm full." She says, Alex raises his brows "really?" He asks "cause you didn't seem that full last night." She laughs and I shift around in my seat really wishing for this to be over and trying to focus on my boyfriend, my beautiful boyfriend standing in a surgery right now. "I said no! Ok? I'm not hungry, at all." Lexie says with a laugh "so just go eat alone."

Alex sits back in his chair and I visibly relax because that was all sorts of uncomfortable. Charles Percy shuffles his way through the room and stands in front of me and Lexie. I have half a mind to push him, I'm in a bad mood already and this guy is blocking my view of a cool surgery "hey!" Cristina says not having the same social filter I do "down in front, big foot." Percy looks surprised by her attitude "it's big foot now?" He asks innocently.

He sits down below her "well, you know what they say about guys with big feet." He says cooly causing me and Lexie to look at each other with a smile "shouldn't you be off learning how to be a surgeon after you let my daredevil die?" Cristina asks with a bucket load of sarcasm. My pager goes off just as Lexie grabs my arm "Andy can I talk to you?" I shake my head looking down at my pager "can't, emergency." I say getting up. I really don't want to have to talk to her about Alex, which is probably what she wants to talk about.

Alex Karev is the furthest thing from my mind. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

Jackson is going home and go to tell him that I will be late home when a group of residents leave. I watch as Jackson sits on the bench, resting his hands on his knees "I didn't realise you had a fan club." I muse as I enter the resident's lounge. He looks over, his blue eyes sparkling when he sees me "yeah well that's what happens when your grandfather created the award of awards." I come over and stand in front of him "I'm going to be home late tonight." I say and he wraps his arms around my waist and leaning his head into my stomach "why?" He asks and I stroke his hair "girls night, Robbins insists." Jackson chuckles "alright." I kiss him before excusing myself.

As I walk out of the resident's lounge Meredith appears "you two are cute." She says holding a bunch of files "thanks." I say awkwardly. She stares at me for a moment before adding "but you and Alex are soulmates." I step back in surprise "you might not know it yet but you and Alex are meant to be together." And she slips back into the room. I shake off the feeling that she might be right.

I am on my way to meet the girls at the entrance of the hospital when I walk past Derek's office. "Tearney!" I hear him shout "get in here." I smile and make a detour for his office. Owen and Mark are in there as well, looking like they are having their own version of a 'girls night' "hang with us?" Derek asks and I snort folding my arms "hang? What are we teenagers?" Owen laughs and so does Mark but i shoot him a look.

"What was this you were being a dick to Alex today?" I ask and Mark leans against the cabinet behind him "Karev? I wasn't being a dick, he was just not doing anything right." I scoff and keep my arms crossed. "Girls talk Mark, Callie told me everything you've been doing. Including kicking him out of OR's." Derek and Owen look at our friend who is looking rather embarrassed "I apologised." He says in a high pitched voice and I turn to Shepherd "I can't." I answer his question "I'm having a girls night."

Derek pouts and Owen cups his hands over his mouth "boo!" He jeers and I poke him in the ribs with a laugh "I'll see you guys later." I say and go to meet the girls.