ㅤㅤㅤ010ㅤselfish desires.

[ i hope guys comment
because that lets me
know you're enjoying,
thank you for reading
another chapter ]

and it's nice to be all
alone sometimes just to
let it go but lately the
days have been feeling
so long and maybe i don't
have to be on my own

cautious ( max leone. )

chapter ten.
selfish thoughts

Despite the knife aimed at him, Cheong-san only tripped, and with Yijae's support he could steady himself quickly enough

Despite the knife aimed at him, Cheong-san only tripped, and with Yijae's support he could steady himself quickly enough. The attack wasn't lethal. They could keep going, but the sudden appearance of a zombie made the two tumble down, Cheong-san got up ── phone in one hand and Yijae in another.

"Where are we going?" Yijae asked, she kept looking back, trying to spot how ahead of a certain boy they were. "Library. I'll try distracting the zombies, you hide." There was no time to argue, Cheong-san had went ahead and Gwi-nam wasn't far behind, Yijae too was desperate to survive.

She tried to sneakely walk through the library as softly as possible, most of the attention being on Gwi-nam who was chasing Cheong-san. The few zombies that attacked her, she could take care of without drawing attention of other zombies.

She proceeded to climbing on top of a desk, keeping her eyes on the two boys, now that no zombies were after her.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Gwi-nam laughed, slamming the other boy in the shelf, "And then your girlfriend, I'll take my time with her." He laughed, evilly. Yijae gulped multiple times. Just the sheer thought was terrifying enough, she prayed that Cheong-san could beat Gwi-nam.

It was pointless to just pray as Gwi-nam chased after Cheong-san, the two climbed on top of the same shelf. Yijae had to take action, she creeped her way up on another shelf, she couldn't just leave Cheong-san. Should I leave him? he almost got me killed─ but she wasn't going to listen to her selfish thoughts, she ignored them.

Cheong-san bashed a tube light on Gwi-nam's head, but that didn't stop the boy. Gwi-nam pulled Cheong-san down, strangling him. "Beg for your life. Come on." Gwi-nam's smugness terrified Yijae, she didn't want to go near him. Leave them.

"Screw you." Cheong-san replied, even as Gwi-nam held him right above the zombies. Gwi-nam in a fit of rage, started punching Cheong-san, hit after hit. Yijae was fighting an inner battle, panicked and confused she still ploughed through.

Gwi-nam pulled out the phone from Cheong-san's pocket despite the boy's best effort to stop the bully. Cheong-san threw it in the air out of Gwi-nam's hand, right in time to catch in his own hand. Gwi-nam continued strangling Cheong-san ── as a last resort, he shoved the phone into Gwi-nam's eye. "Talk about Yijae like that and I'll do worse." Cheong-san muttered.

Yijae was done cowering, she was done being selfish, with enough courage and strength, she pushed Gwi-nam off Cheong-san. Taking the bullies spot over Cheong-san. She was hovering over him. Her eyes first landed on the wounds on Cheong-san's neck, something she'd seen plenty of times─

"Are you okay?" He asked her, getting up, he realised finally what position they were in. Yijae was basically in his lap, he awkwardly just sat there. But once he came to his senses, he quickly got her off. She didn't care though, tears had been streaming, she'd been heaving and panting. She got up.

Gwi-nam's scream may have affected Cheong-san, but Yijae didn't care. Cheong-san stared at Yoon Gwi-nam, who even in his last moments sent murderous glares to Cheong-san.

"Let's go." She murmured. They jumped from one shelf to another, until one shelf came toppling down and then came all others, Cheong-san and Yijae fell in between two shelves. He sheltered her head from falling books, the two tried making absolutely no sound, but that wasn't possible. Zombies came after them, they tried coming in towards them.

He dragged himself out of there, dragging her out with him. They both exited the library, in spite of zombies chasing after. Yijae locking the doors. Cheong-san stared at the zombies, but Yijae turned away. She couldn't look at any more zombies, their image was, as it is, burnt into her skull.

"We get into that emergency vent, okay?" Cheong-san pointed at the one of three such vents. She nodded, exhausted. "You first." He urged her, kicking any zombies that attacked. He protected her back. She got up the vent and Cheong-san patterned after.

"Go up." He mumbled, the zombies were still there, trying to figure out how to get up where he was. "I am up, can't you see?" She barked back, "Well obviously not, you're wearing a skirt." He trailed off, Yijae would scoff and laugh but she was too tired for that, some people never change.

"Why did you?" Cheong-san asked, "What?" Yijae replied, "Why did you agree to go with Gwi-nam?" Cheong-san asked, the two climbing up. "To save you, obviously." She scoffed, "Well, is that it." Do you like me, Cheong-san kept that to himself, it was speculation. "Why, do you think I liked Gwi-nam." She asked, "Of course not, do you?" He asked, in doubt.

Yijae kicked his shoulder. "How much battery?" Yijae pointed to the phone, while holding herself up with one hand. He pulled out the phone, he stared at the top for atleast ten minutes, the seven percent battery, his eyes lingered on. "Thirty." He simply replied, He started calling, "Why aren't any calls going through?" Cheong-san whined.

"Give it to me." Yijae waved her hand down, "No." He replied, simply. "What─" "Can you climb up more, maybe if we're higher."

"Just give it to me." She whispered, nonetheless, she complied and went up. Cheong-san called maybe ten times, but each turn their was no reply, another ten and still nothing.

Cheong-san didn't want to cry, but he couldn't just hold it in anymore. So even as he was embarrassed of crying in front of Yijae, he didn't bother holding it in anymore. Whatever was on Yijae's tongue, went right back.

"Cheong-san." She called out, "I know this is hard, but─" Any words of comfort were useless, they were doomed. "We have to get back to the others, we have to get back to Onjo, Soyang." She tried motivating him, she didn't know even if it would work.

She sighed, "You have to save me. I stayed for you, I was even willing to deal with Gwi-nam for you. I killed him too, don't you dare lose hope, you have to save me." She continued motivating, she knew it wouldn't work, but anything to distract Cheong-san. She didn't care about being saved.

That's a lie, that's how you feel, you selfish b─

"You're right, I have to save you." He sighed deep, his breath trembling. Yijae was shocked but she quickly hid it. He turned on the flashlight, banging and pushing the door in front of him. He paused, stopping at the growling of zombies, even such small noises attracted them.

"Get up, climb up." He ordered Yijae who followed his instructions, he climbed up as well. "I'll kick open the door, I'll distract the zombies so you escape." He didn't even give her time to react as he immediately started kicking, he jumped out.

Pushing the zombies, shoving them, he made his way through.

"Go!"