ㅤㅤㅤ008ㅤpromises were made.

i'm all talk with a
thorn in my side i
got a real big heart
that i'm willing to hide
you ask me what
i want from life

dead inside ( younger hunger. )

chapter eight.
promises were made

It had been an hour since Miss Park and Nayeon had left and Gyeong-su had turned, the mood remained the same

It had been an hour since Miss Park and Nayeon had left and Gyeong-su had turned, the mood remained the same. Yijae didn't bother comforting Cheong-san ── Onjo was doing a fine job of that. On the other hand, Yijae was tired of her mind, "Yijae." Soyang began, giving Yijae a much deserved break from her head. Soyang had grown eerily quiet after the whole incident.

"If I ever end up like Isak or Gyeong-su─" Yijae interrupted her, "Don't even." She scolded, "If I do, will you kill me? I don't want to live like a zombie, please kill me." Soyang cried, she wasn't too loud but everyone looked at her, couldn't make out her words but could only imagine how she felt, she felt what they all felt. Everyone was having a pity party ── for themselves, their friends and Miss Park.

"Promise me." Soyang held out her pinky, "If you promise to do the same for me, then yes." Yijae entwined her finger with her's, she didn't want to smile but she did ── nobody needed to know she was suffering.

Helicopter had been whirring for a while, but nobody paid attention. It wasn't like they were coming for them. "I didn't hear anything at all." Cheong-san was the first to speak, "I just couldn't hear anything."

"Like what?" Suhyeok questioned, "I mean after Nayeon went out and then Miss Park went after that. I didn't hear anything after that." Cheong-san recalled, it was strange. No cries, no struggling, nothing, just blaring silence.

"You mean screaming?" Suhyeok asked again, to which Cheong-san nodded. "Maybe they didn't die then." Daesu hoped, They could have been eaten on the floor below or above we wouldn't know. They could have died in a classroom, could have died quietly, they were definitely dead ── was what Yijae wanted to say but she doubt anyone would appreciate that.

"They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive." Daesu theorised, it was hope, stupid hope ── it was impossible but then again so was a zombie apocalypse a few days ago. Nobody believed him, it was too absurd ── and just as hope had risen it had also fell down. "Why won't you respond?" Daesu was disappointed, he looked down.

"No one answers me, I'm always talking to myself." Daesu grumbled, "It's possible, very possible." Yijae smiled reassuringly, the least she could do was believe in others because she sure as hell didn't believed in herself. "Forget it." Daesu didn't care, "I didn't hear anything, either." Onjo joined in, then Hyo-ryung.

"I was scared because I didn't know how I'd feel if I heard them screaming, but I didn't hear anything." She concluded, "Come to think of it, neither did I." Joon-yeong added on as well. "Then I'm right. They're alive, right?" Daesu felt accomplished, hopeful, not depressed.