15 | ramens & campfire hugs

haha hi after almost 2 years??

15 | ramens & campfire hugs

“I know something's wrong with you. Spill it.”

Any audible sound evanesced for a moment, leaving a trace of empty silence between the two silhouettes walking on the deserted road. Charcoal stopped on his tracks for a few seconds before gazing back at Marco, who, in return, lazily blew out a smoke smudged with the juxtaposition of indifference and interest.

“What do you mean by that?” The blue-haired guy faced the other with a confused frown displayed on his face.

Marco chuckled—an undertone like that of a wisenheimer character. “You know what I mean by that, Charcoal. Stop fooling us, but more importantly, stop fooling yourself. Tell me, why did you even start this so-called adventure if you're not as fucked up as all of us?” He inhaled another cancerous smoke from the cigarette.

Tumikhim si Charcoal, a hint of discomfort and agitation tainting beneath his composed mien. “It's a little complicated. It was hard for me to take in, and I know it will be equally as hard to understand for all of you, much like how complex and unfamiliar it was for me,” he said, voice as low as the day falling into crepuscule.

“You can tell me. Nag-open up na ako tungkol sa sarili kong problema, so did the others. I think it's just fair to share yours, too.” It was one of the rarest moments wherein Marco sounded sincere, yet Charcoal remained silent.

“I'm not ready yet. I promise I'll tell all of you once I am.” Charcoal merely whispered, akin to a wind softly breezing across one's skin.

Marco nodded, something in between understanding and sarcasm. “I have some hunches, though. Hindi ko sasabihin, but watch me figure everything out.” He threw his life-reducing cigarette away and stomped on it, despite the fact that he didn't even burn half the stick to mere ashes.

They continued to tread the lonely road in sheer silence—well, that was until they heard a car noise gradually getting louder from behind. And when they decided to look, they saw a car which contained of whom Charcoal recognized to be the two teenagers back in the convenience store.

The car stopped right beside them and revealed the teenagers in their school uniforms. “Hi! Your friends asked us to help you. I'm Primo and she's Sciuhen. If you don't mind, we can give you a ride to the gas station and back to your friends.”

Coal's slightly gloomy face lit up into a glowing one, whereas Marco's remained as the same old indifferent expression he always wore, probably more than his own clothes. “I'm Charcoal, and this guy here is Marco. I really appreciate both your help. Sana hindi kami nakaaabala,” the blue mop of hair said in a friendly manner.

Primo smiled. “Of course not! Get in!”

The two boys entered the car as it continued to maneuver towards the gas station, one kilometer away from where they were found. As soon as they arrived at their destination, Charcoal and Marco immediately went out of the car and approached the establishment manned by two men who seemed to be in their late 40s.

Mabilis na pumunta ang isa sa mga trabahador ng gas station sa dalawa na tila nawawala, kahit na ang katotohanan ay nawawala naman talaga sila.

“Ano po ang kailangan niyo, mga sir?”

“Magandang hapon po, manong. Pwede po bang bumili ng isang container ng gasolina?” Si Charcoal ang nagsalita.

The man nodded before calling for his co-worker. “Pedro! Isang container daw ng gasolina!” The aforementioned man quickly abided and went inside of the one-story building.