13 | conquering fears

renegades // one ok rock
01:43 ━━━━●───── 04:45
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
ılıılıılıılıılıılı

for all of the times that they say it's impossible
they built the hurdles, the walls, and the obstacles
swear we're together
you know we're unstoppable now.

13 | conquering fears

IF THERE IS one word that could perfectly describe this situation, it's ridiculous.

“Are you serious?” I asked Marco, looking at him in utter bafflement.

I definitely understand that we're just gonna tattoo a small little star by our own. A simple one, not so complicated nor extravagant. But . . . that's a tattoo. Paano kung pumalpak? Paano kung masyadong diniinan? We're not professionals, let alone experienced into this kind of art. I can't risk so much.

Marco gave a smug expression. “It's easy, and I also did one of my tattoos before.” He shrugged and nibbled his lip ring with his finger.

Kierra stepped in and crossed her arms. “Okay para sa 'yo, pero paano naman kami? Ayoko namang unang tattoo pa lang, palpak na kaagad.” She rolled her eyes.

“Don't worry. I'm here to guide you since I don't want to be held accountable if something ever happens throughout the process,” sabi ni Yves.

Charcoal clasped his hands together. “It's also good to experience first times, right? So . . . is everyone in?” tanong niya at tinignan kami isa-isa.

Well, he's not wrong. It's not so bad to try something new, right? Natatakot lang ako kasi sabi nila masakit daw magpa-tattoo, so paano pa kaya kapag nagkamali kami?

But then again, I've been through the worst.

“It's honestly not that big of a deal.” I saw Yves' eyes roll subtly, playing with the empty lollipop stick on his fingers.

“Fine.” I exhibited a sigh together with the others, earning a vainglorious smirk from no other than Marco.

☄️🪐☄️

“IKAW na mauna since idea mo naman 'to.” Itinulak ni Kierra si Marco sa unahan. Umismid lang ang huli bago umupo sa upuan.

Yves was setting up everything and explaining the functions of the apparatuses. Hawak-hawak na ni Marco ang pang-tattoo habang ginagabayan ni Yves. “Sa pulsuhan ba?” tanong ni Marco at tumingin sa dako namin.

“Kahit saan mo gusto. But it's good if we all have the tattoo on the same spot,” Charcoal commented, bringing some chairs for us to sit on while waiting for our turns.

Marco only nodded subtly as he started to trace his skin with the needle while slightly wincing from the prickling pain. After a few minutes of small grunts and heavy breaths, he was done. Yves then covered his wrist with something similar to a transparent gauze to avoid the fresh cut from getting infected.