Chapter 21: The Mark of Mate

Comenzar desde el principio

      Nyala smiled as she finally recognized what Fossa's behavior meant "the freeze was lifted Fossa, you two can go ahead..." she shrugged "that is why we are glad you are here, we need to get the word out about a few changes including that one."

      "What else is there?" Senji cuddled Fossa against him stroking her back to calm her. "What else is changing?"

      "For starters there is a few dozen promotions for those who proved themselves useful during all this." Xerus smiled.

     "Promotions?" Senji was confused

    "Yeah, we knew it was rough for you but we didn't realize it was this rough." Xerus grimaced "how long has she been desperate to mate?"

     "Several months now." Senji kissed her head

     "Well, tonight..." he sighed "why don't you let the staff here spoil the two of you."

    "Since when do we get staff to serve us?"

     "Well..." Xerus smiled

     "It was Teal's idea actually," Nyala added

     "To have multiple sets of Kings and Queens leading instead of just one" Xerus finished her thought.

     "What?" Fossa turned to face him

     "You are hereby known as King Senji and Queen Fossa..." he toasted them and took a drink "others to get the title bump are Knifejaw. We are still debating Sage and Teal's titles..."

    "I don't know know if our people are ready for human Queens." Senji raised his eyebrows wondering.

     "But they do need some sort of identifier." Fossa frowned "I don't think title is all."

     "Like a tattoo, that is always visible." Nyala suggested. "It would be the closest way to simulate the three claw strikes we give each other."

     "Yes, but there needs to be a law with it," Senji frowned "what good is it to mark our mates without a purpose... what does that make us?"

     "Branding them like cattle" Fossa frowned. How did you jump from the mating marks to branding cattle?"

    "Hunger" he smiled

    Xerus handed him an apple and started to prepare more food as they all spoke.

    "The law should state that anyone who touches any mate with the mark of the dragons will get executed." Nyala suggested

     "Or eaten," Senji smiled "let's make it fun too."

    "You're still talking about eating people!" Teal frowned.

     "Lousy timing Teal," Xerus smiled at her "we were discussing what should befall someone who touches our human mates."

    "Depends on the type of touch..." she shrugged "eating someone because they pushed me is a bit excessive." She slowly made her way over to them "But making the person serve me for however long would be satisfying for us and very humiliating for them."

     "She does have good ideas doesn't she?" Nyala boasted.

"Teal, what do you think about you having ... something to identify you as my mate?" Xerus put the whisk down and looked at her.

"For creatures that have always lived alongside us and also ate us wherever you wished to, you really know very little about us." Teal sighed

"Is that a yes, or a no"

"We usually wear rings, but with as aggressive as you are..."

"How about a tattoo?" Senji asked

"Some do that instead of jewelry yes." She shrugged "I'm okay with it."

"Now we need to determine what it will look like." Nyala questioned

"Should it be a universal image or better yet a set location, and a standard shape and size of the tattoo?" Teal suggested

"Makes sense, let the mates choose the overall look, however I do suggest that there be a universal symbol that is included in all designs."

     "How about the three claw strikes?" Fossa smiled and glanced at Teal "that's what dragon mates do, why not the human mates as well?"

      Senji smiled "that's brilliant my love," he kissed her head "as to location, the wrist and back of the hand are the points of attention for us..." he shrugged "I think it should go there."

"Points of attention?" Teal inquired

"Yes," Nyala smiled "a series of pressure points that get our attention instantly when stroked a certain way."

   "More like force us to be still." Fossa corrected with a shudder.

"I wonder how long it will take her to figure out the sequence?" Xerus watched her fuss about.

"You'll find out tonight" she smirked at him

"Yes!" He celebrated "I'm not sleeping alone!"