➪THIRTY EIGHT

"Thank you" I retort back to Hudson who has just now opened the car door for me

"Thank you" I retort back to Hudson who has just now opened the car door for me. This car is very different than the one from home. Same color, same tent, but the insides decor and model is different. It is nonetheless as luxurious as the other.

I step out of his vehicle, crouching my eyes as I look up at the name of the building. It's not the same as Acadia, nor does it seem like a corporates office. The name is Rianchi. It is very exquisite, the building is wonderful. It has glass nearly all around but one can't see on the inside. Sort of like how Nicco's penthouse is. Although he lives at the top of the building, if you were directly outside of the window you wouldn't be able to see.

"Miss" Hudson nods his head to me as he closes the door. "Mr. Rianchi wanted you to know that if you wanted me to walk you inside to show you around I was available to" he tells me. Oh, he sounds so sweet and professional.

I shake my head. "I think I'll be okay. He said that there was a book area somewhere on the lower level. I might not even go up" I say and he nods.

"Well then, I'll wait for you to go inside. I'll be calling Mr. Rianchi to assure him that you're here" Hudson speaks as I start to walk away from him and towards the building. I peer my eyes over at him one last time to assure him that I heard him and he smiles gently as he brings his phone to his ear.

I pull the large doors open, instantly feeling the cool air seep into my pores. It's very chilly here. The door starts to close behind me as I walk deeper into the building, looking across at its entirety. The floors are marble white, the walls are a blue shade, and there are people almost everywhere.

Everyone looks so kept together. Dressed inside of formal clothes, heels or dress shoes on. Their hair is kept, skin glowing. The aura here just screams money. Of course this would be Nicco's building.

I take a small stroll through the entire level that I'm on. I see a few lounges with food and televisions inside, offices, restrooms, and finally the book room. It's has an completely different aura than the rest of the level.

It's quiet. Almost too quiet. I am able to hear my own breathing, hearing my footsteps and clothes chafing against each other. My purse collided with the material of my dress and it sounds so..weird. Why can I hear so much when I close the door?

Everything stops. The room is completely quiet besides my movements.

And then the exploring of the room begins. My eyes gaze against the many bookshelves. They are large, filled with many books. Everything is labeled, all the way from sci-fi to romance novels. Everything seems so neat, not a book out of place. And the books look amazing. They look fine and refurbished, as if no one has ever even laid a finger on these books, ever.

I approach a section of the books labeled V. Everything under this section is romance. It's like each shelf has a letter, even though it's section header is beneath it. Another shelf is labeled S. Another R. I pull a book from S, the first book I place my hands against.