"My brother. He's my brother," I admitted, involuntarily slowing down my running pace.

Alpha didn't look surprised. Actually, he looked unfazed. "I've had my suspicions for years," he stated, stopping me in my tracks.

"What?" Alpha stopped running to and faced me.

"When you first came to us, we searched to see if we could find your parents. I heard about the Alpha's 8 year old son being murdered along with his parents. I tried asking around, but everyone was so sure you were dead. And you came to us almost a year after the incident, so we brushed it off." Emotions were all over the place and I didn't bother hiding them. "The only thing that didn't make sense was why the rogues wanted you dead, but then I saw a picture of Xander." His words were soft, but I felt defensive, ready to fight anyone to protect my brother.

I calmed down when I looked into my dad's eyes. The love and concern was plastered all over his face. "Vance, the former beta of my pack thought Xander and I were too powerful. He kidnapped me, toyed with me for a while until he slashed my throat and left me for dead," I snapped a bit, showing my distaste for the topic.

Alpha placed his hand on my shoulder, looking me in the eyes before pulling me in for a hug. We stayed like that for what felt like an hour, just holding each other close.

"I'm glad you found them again. Your family," he muffled into the corner of my neck before letting me go.

Very few times have I cried in front of Alpha, but I didn't feel ashamed in this moment. I let the tears race down my face. "I'm glad I found you and mom. You both raised me like your own, and I was nothing but difficult. Now it's time for me to give your normal life back. One without me."

Alpha grasped my shoulder, squeezing it tight. "I know you may think you were a burden, but you were actually a gift. Never think for a damn second that this won't always be your home," Alpha commanded, shocking me with his small curse which he rarely did.

We calmed down for a few moments, recuperating our emotions. "What will your role be once you switch packs?" He tried to hide his disappointment, but a bit was always visible no matter how hard he smiled.

"Well, now that you know all the information, I can finally tell you that I was accepted to North Wilson College for exercise science," I informed, biting my lip, afraid of his reaction. But as soon as the words left my mouth, I was engulfed in another hug.

"Your mother is going to lose her mind! She's wanted you to look at college so bad! That's perfect for you!" He sounded way more excited than I did when I found out.

"I'm planning on moving to Black Hearts next week," I spit out nervously, scratching the back of my head. Alpha instantly frowned, the excitement leaving his body. "In time for Xander's coronation," I expanded, though I don't think it helped much. Even I wasn't too fond of the idea of leaving my mate behind, but at the same time, I don't think I could stay here after he rejects me.

"Oh... that soon?" My heart broke watching his own heart break.

"Yeah, it's really hard not being close to Xander all the time now that we are bonded again." Though it was still true, it felt like a lie. It didn't hurt being far away from Xander, it hurt being so close to Lyle. Though, I knew if I told him we were mates, he wouldn't let me leave.

A sad smile was plastered on Alpha's face as he tried to comprehend my words. "The wolfsbane incident? That wasn't wolfsbane, just your bond with Xander?" I nodded, showing off my arms. I knew the recent ones were from Lyle, but this solidified my excuse for wanting to leave. "Then there is nothing I can say to keep you here..."