Chapter Ten

** I thought i should add that this story takes place in Los Angeles

I grabbed my blue converse and quickly fixed my hair into a ponytail before heading to where Paul was standing. He smiles at me and I blush. He always make me feel like a teenager.

"Ready to go?" He asked, offering me his hand. I nod and interlace our fingers before walking with him towards lime gold Mitsubishi Lancer. His character Brian drove one like it in the 2nd Fast and Furious movie. I smile and run to the passenger side, quickly getting in. I watch as Paul catches up, and gets into the passenger side. I could from the look on his face that he was excited. And to be honest, I kind of was too.

"Alright...just promise me that this won't get us in jail or put in the hospital." I say, looking over at him. He laughs and puts the car into drive, before pulling away from his apartment. He drove way over the limit, but soon pulled into a empty parking lot.

"Don't worry babe. I'll keep us out of trouble." He smirked and switched another gear before speeding ahead. I laughed and rolled the window down, letting the wind blow my hair. I watched as Paul glanced over at me before quickly turning a corner, going over 140. I screamed from the thrill of he turn and Paul grabs my hand as he throws another turn. He soon slows the car down and puts it in park. I giggle and fix my hair quickly before glancing over at Paul.

"That was amazing!" I squeal and he laughs. He leans over the centre console and gives me a passionate kiss, placing a hand on my thigh. I smile against his lips and pull away, moving his hand away.

"We should get back...I have to work tomorrow..." I say, resting my forehead against his. He laughs and kisses my forehead, looking at me.

"If you want too..." He says, rubbing my knuckles lightly with his thumb. I blush, and rest my head on his shoulder, looking at the stars from the window.

***

I waved goodbye as Paul dropped me off, and I locked the door behind me. It was now 2:30, and I had to be at work by 6:00 so there was no point in me going back to sleep. I decided to put on a pot of coffee, and I grabbed a mug from the cupboard, placing it on the counter beside the pot. I sigh when my home phone rings, because no one ever calls it. I answer it, but wait a moment before putting it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I roll my eyes, and lean against the counter.

"Are you alone tonight?" Paul's voice asks, and I immediately smile.

"Why are you calling my home phone you dummy?" I laugh, and keep an eye on the coffee. 

"Because...I'm turning around. I'll be there soon...I don't want you to be alone babe..." And then he hangs up. I laugh and let my hair out of the ponytail, and pour myself a cup of coffee, just as I hear Paul pull into the driveway again. I can't stop myself from smiling. Just him being here makes me feel amazing. He can always make me smile, laugh, and blush. I turn away, and act like I didn't hear the door open. I smile when I feel his arms wrap around my waist. I turn around and wrap my arms around him as well, giving him a big hug.

"So...my mom wants to meet you." He says, placing a hand behind my ear. I sigh, and look down at my feet.

"Why? I don't like meeting parents...I'm not very likeable." I say, and he laughs, kissing my cheek.

"You are very likeable. Don't worry. There's only one problem...my parents live in California. It'll have to be like a week trip...." I sigh and back away.

"Paul. I can't. I've already taken three days off work. I can't take a week! They'll fire me..." I say and Paul sighs, walking towards me.

"I know...but..."

"NO! I can't. I need this job...I'm sorry...tell you_"

"Babe! I'll talk to your boss...they'll understand."

"You can't just expect me to leave my home for a week...and my job! I have things to do here! How...Can you just...can you just go? Please....I'll call you tomorrow...I promise..." I say, not looking at him. He sighs, but gives me a nod.

"Of course...good night..." He says, and walks out without saying a word.

***

A/N

i love this chapter! i needed them to have some sort of fight. i didnt want them to be always lovly dovey...anyway please comment, vote and share. love you guys

xoxo