chapter 27

"What are you looking down for?" I hear katarina ask me as she drops down next to me, "upset I kick your ass?"

I shake my head, "No. Not really anyway."

She laughs, "I thought you'd have run away a long time ago, hanging out here isn't your scene."

I lift my shoulders, "I guess I want to stay just a little longer, plus i need to pay someone a visit once i leave. You?"

"What about me?" I look over at her, "it's not yours either to stay around or let me guess, you have a soft spot for the big buy?"

"Might have," she crosses her leg over the other, "As for you? I find it hard to imagine that anybody is forcing you to be here nor do I think it is because someone asked you to be here."

"That's where you are wrong," I still kept my gazes on her, "I am the student council's personal slave."

"Oh, you almost made me think it would have been the latter," she then lifts herself off of her seat, "There is always next semester tourny so try and give me a good fight."

I shake my head, "getting a little to a head of yourself champ." She stays quiet before grabbing me by the arm and forcing me up.

I would have used my electricity to protect myself but it was still not ready to use. In short, I was at her mercy.

Worst thing is I think she knows that from her smirk as well.

"You gave me a good fight L/n. I think you deserve a reward for it," i narrowed my eyes, "okay I'll bite, what exactly do i get?"

Her smirk grows as she slowly moves in, my body tensed up every part of me stiff and my jaw clenched shut. Katarina pecks me on the cheek.

"How is that?" I relax my body, letting out little sighs, "I thought you'd plunged a dagger into my neck, better yet my head."

Katarina let's out a laugh before letting me go and I stumble a little.

"See you around, lover boy."

I walk over to the steps and sit down, leaning back into my seat. I return my gaze to the brackets, it is an eight versus eight. Though on the other team I was supposed to be apart of they've got the idiotic three followed by jinx lux ashe and xayah. They are going against the demacians team... dumb name. I wasn't aware you were able to name teams either.

As they all search for the stadium for the rest of the team others waved at them, where's they flash me a smile, each of them after making eye contact. I chuckled to myself, I said I wouldn't watch but yet I'm here, how funny.

I can only hope they crush ahri and her team. I can only hope...

...

"All right, thank you everyone for helping out and making this possible," leona looks at each of us as we finish up most of the work of packing up everything.

It is already pretty late into the night and most of everybody has already left for home. Shizu is probably on the first train back to them and I don't really have anywhere to go.

I don't have a home.

Just a place where the people have an obligation towards me. But.. I gave the gloves and boots to damien, he wasn't really mad because they were 'beta' but he still was irritated. He said he'd work on them once he got home so he's gone as well leaving me alone. Goodie

"Stay safe and get home safely, see you all next semester!" Leona finishes saying.

Everyone disperses, cait and vi wave at me as they turn to leave as well. I glance towards their leaving figures before looking around as I wonder what is left for me. I was so busy the entire time, apparently lux came in second place and got the second place prize and are probably celebrating but because I already signed my name I couldn't join them.

I tread around the academy grounds as I slowly head to the dorms. The breeze is relaxing and comforting, if I could I would just stay here because being alone here is so much better then being in their presence.

Opening the door to the teams dorm, it looked the same and was tidied up. Nothing much was changed. I bet most of the rooms would be empty apart from the furniture. Walking up the stairs every door was locked... had to make sure nobody was sleeping overnight because they would get fined for trespassing.

Stepping into my room I grabbed my clothes as I put them in a bag, I take of the bandages and look at my hand seeing it's in better shape. I check my phone and see if there were any messages...

...unfortunately none, I didn't really give any of them my contacts but they weren't who i was referring to.

I throw my bag over my shoulder as I dig my phone in my pocket. Kicking the door shut behind me I look it and take the keys. I put them in a bowl with the rest of the keys, Finally locking this dorm's door I leave the key in the lock.

That was instructions, right? I hope so.

Leaving through the front exit, I let out a sigh. My own breath visible as I shiver. I glance at the purple skies above and smile plainly at the skys above.

I start walking towards the exit and soon reaching the gates. I hover near the entrance as I wait for something. I pulled out my headphones and waited with music blaring and making me sing the lyrics in my head

I glance around, I spot that the slow-moving bus was on its way. Maybe in about a few minutes-

The sound of the music disappears as someone tugs at the headphones, "Geez... why don't you answer your phone?" I look down and see.. seraphine standing close to me wearing a loosely fur coat, "Aren't you cold?"

"You... you came after all, I thought you'd left..."

She shakes her head, "No silly. I made you a promise, didn't I? And plus you owe me a date after all-"

I feel the relief feel my system as my previous aching heart is now filled with joy I didn't notice it before because I was hurting, I step closer throwing my arms around her and pull her closer for a tight hug.

"I don't want to go home."

She hugs me back, her warmth spreading to me as she chuckles, "Did you really think I would just forget about you?" I don't answer, "I thought I made it clear."

"I expect the worst, sera. You should know that by now."

"Y-you don't have to when it comes to us," seraphine blush at the suddenly nicknamed, she pats me on the back, "Come on, it's freezing out here."

"No it ain't..." she looks at my shaking her head, "I can see your breath."

"...you're right Nevermind."

I entertained my hand with hers and look into her eyes, she looks into mine before smiling. She leans up on her tippy toes and i leaned down before going over to her ear and whisper to her

"My home is with you sera"

"Dummy... just kiss me already.." I chuckled to myself, "Yes ma'am."

How i longed for this feeling.. to see her again. I finally feel like i am really not be alone, not anymore.