The Mark of Nimueh

Aria walked towards the Lady Morgana's chambers and knocked on the door. She hadn't seen her friend since she arrived in Camelot and was worried, especially since the whole ordeal with Sir Canaan. Morgana called from within, "Come in!" Aria opened the door to find Morgana sitting at her vanity brushing her hair. When she saw Aria in the mirror she turned and smiled. "Aria! It's wonderful to see you again! I heard you had returned to Camelot!" she exclaimed as she went to hug her friend. Aria returned her enthusiasm, "I can't believe how long it's been, I haven't seen you the whole time I was here. Granted it has been pretty hectic."

"I'm so sorry I haven't come to visit you yet, Aria. Are you doing okay after the attempt by those knights?"

"I'm doing well, no harm done and the men have been locked up or killed so I'm safe. But how are you doing, I was sure I'd see you at the feast, but you didn't attend."

Morgana had a regretful look on her face. "I'm so sorry I didn't come. You see I've been getting these terrible nightmares that kept me up all night so I went to bed early. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."

"Oh Morgana that's awful, of course it's alright. I'm glad you weren't there in harm's way."

They hugged once more. Aria spoke, "Have you seen Gwen anywhere, I'd love to talk to her as well."

"She isn't here yet, but I'm sure we can meet her in town."

"That would be wonderful, although you know I won't be allowed out of the castle without a legion of guards. Father has become even more protective since the incident. It's frustrating, he knows I can defend myself" she motioned to the dagger attached to her belt and huffed.

"He's just being cautious. He cares about you very much."

"I know that, I just wish I could walk through town by myself."

"I think I can help with that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Halt, who goes there?" said a guard as two women wearing cloaks left the castle.

The one in front removed her hood. "Lady Morgana," he stuttered, "I didn't realize it was you."

"It's an easy mistake, Gwen and I were just headed to town if you could let us pass." She motioned to the other woman who's face was hidden.

"Of course My Lady." He bowed and let the women pass.

When they were far enough away, Aria took down her hood laughing. "I can't believe that worked! Let's go see Gwen."

They began walking and noticed Merlin and Gaius crowded around something. "There's Merlin!" Aria said excitedly, "let's say hello!"
Morgana followed Aria over to Merlin and Gaius wondering what they could be looking at.  "Hey! Merlin, what are you doing down here?" said Aria cheerfully, but she stopped short when she saw what Gaius was looking at.  "Princess! What are you doing here?"said Merlin as he stepped in front of her view, but it was too late, she had already seen the viciously pale body with white eyes. "W-what happened to him?" Morgana asked cautiously. Gaius looked at the girls as Merlin covered the man with a sheet, "I'm not sure yet, I'll learn more when I examen him, but for now we mustn't let the people see this. It will cause a panic. Your Highness, My Lady, perhaps you should go back to the castle, it could be dangerous here."

"Gaius is right, you both should head back now."

"But Merlin, what about you, what if you get sick" said Aria.

"It's okay Aria." he gave her a reassuring smile.

"Come on Aria, let's head back. I'm sure Gwen will be in soon." coaxed Morgana as she lead Aria back to her chambers.