To Serve A Princess

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin. Only the Aria storyline.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Before dawn, just outside of Camelot, Cain and Ethan had gathered the rest of their team (two large men, one with a scar on his brow and the other with one blind eye) and Ethan was preparing them for the festival. Beside them, two men by the names of Sir Canaan and Sir Edwin laid dead in just their under clothes. The three men were putting on some armor and clothing that Ethan had stolen from the men on the ground while Cain sat near a tree, incanting over two amulets. "Noristro hasaven floruiney cambulot!" The amulets flashed then went dark again. Ethan stumbled over, "Is it done Cain?"

"Yes, the amulets are ready. Here. Wear this always once we are in Camelot and the King will welcome us like old friends."

Ethan took an amulet and placed it around his neck as Cain did the same. Slowly, their forms shifted into those of the bodies nearby. When the transformation was complete, Ethan gazed into a pool of water by the campsite.

"Woah, not too bad" he said while flexing.

"Come on, we've not a moment to waste. You've got their invitations?"

Ethan nodded.

"Then let's be on our way, the sooner we get to Camelot, the sooner we can begin our plan to take out the Princess." Cain motioned for the men to follow him and they marched for Camelot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin woke a little after dawn to the sound of birds chirping in the courtyard outside. He sat up, yawned and got ready for the day. He went to the kitchens to fetch breakfast for Princess Aria wondering how Arthur was doing without him. He knocked on the Princess's door and after hearing a quiet "come in," entered the room.

"Good morning my lady, I've brought breakfast. Would you like me to select your outfit for the day while you eat?"

"Merlin! Good morning. Please I told you yesterday, call me Aria."

"Right sorry." He looked at her and was surprised to find that she was already fully dressed and eating an apple by her window. She wore a pink gown that went to her ankles and a matching corset over top. The sleeves were long and flowing. She wore a matching pink cape on her shoulders with purple lilacs cascading down the fabric.
"Woah"

She looked at her outfit then back at Merlin.
"I know, it doesn't quite fit right and the color isn't the most flattering on me, but it's the best I could do with what was in the wardrobe. I'll have to get new fabrics before I can make some clothes that are a bit more my style. Although I have to admit, the lilacs are a nice touch." "I think you look beautiful" Merlin said before realizing he had spoken. Aria blushed and said, "well thank you Merlin, you're very kind."

"So..." said Merlin, changing the subject, "what do you need to do today? I'm here to help in any way you need."

"Well I was going to go to the fabric shop, I hear there's a lovely little place in the citadel, would you come with me to help carry everything and show me where the shops are?"

"It would be my pleasure."

On their way out they were stopped by Uther who had been on his way to the throne room. "Aria? Where are you off to?" he asked.

"Hello Father. I'm just heading into town to get some fabric for my sewing."

"Blossom you know I can send servants to bring you the finest of fabrics from anywhere you could want."

"And you know that I enjoy choosing the fabrics myself and the shops here are perfectly good, besides, the Princess walking through the town would bring the people joy don't you think? I have been gone quite a while."