Meet the Princess pt. 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Merlin watched as the new knights, one by one, fell to Arthur's blade. He winced as one knight, after being disarmed, tried to take a swing at Arthur only for the Prince to catch the fist and knock the knight on his butt with a sword at his chest. The knight surrendered and Arthur pulled the sword away, "that's enough for today, I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow. And don't forget, you'll all receive invitations to the welcome festival for Princess Aria in a few days."

As Arthur spoke with the knights and put his sword in the tent nearby, Merlin stood, preparing to follow the Prince to his next appointment for the day. Just then, a woman in a purple blouse rode up to him and asked, "Have you seen Prince Arthur? I thought he would be practicing with the knights by this time." Merlin was immediately struck by her beauty and grace as she dismounted. "Um I uh" She glanced up. "Yes?"

"H-he's just over in the tent there, um what's your name? Did you have a meeting with him?"

"Sort of, although I'm a little early"

Merlin was about to ask what she meant when Arthur walked out and his face shifted into a bright grin.

"Aria? Is that you?!" He laughed and ran towards her lifting her and spinning around before setting her on the ground again. "What are you doing here? You weren't due in Camelot for another few days."

"I got away early and decided to surprise you and father! Oh it's so good to see you, it's been too long since our last visit."

"Well now that you're finished with university we'll have plenty of time together. Father will be so excited to see you, I have a meeting with him right now if you'd like to come."

"Of course"

Merlin stood in place very confused by the scene before him. He spoke, "Um excuse me, hate to interrupt, but who is this person sire?" Arthur turned, having forgotten that Merlin was still there. "This, Merlin, is the Princess, Aria Pendragon. My sister." "Don't you mean older sister dear brother?" the woman teased. "Only by a few minutes!" Arthur argued. Merlin simply watched the siblings in curiosity. He had never seen Arthur act this way and he had no idea he had a sister. He had also never seen a woman so beautiful in his entire life, she was so tall and confident.

"Princess Aria is your sister?" Merlin asked in astonishment. She looked over at Merlin and smiled. Then turned back to Arthur and elbowed him in the gut, "Don't be rude brother, introduce me to your friend."
Arthur playfully glared at her, slightly hunched from the hit, then said, "This is my servant Merlin."

Merlin bowed, "A pleasure to meet you Your Highness."

"Oh there's no need for that really though you are very sweet." she said as she motioned for him to stand.

"I do hope you've been kinder to him than you have been to your previous servants. I mean really, how difficult is it to say thank you every once in a while? Last I heard from you, you couldn't keep a servant for more than a week."

Arthur looked offended. "I am not that bad."he crossed his arms. "Let's go, we mustn't keep Father waiting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uther was in the throne room looking through messages frantically as he waited for Arthur to arrive. There was a knock at the door and Arthur came in followed by Merlin. "Father I-"

"Arthur great you're finally here, there are some things I need you to do before your sister arrives."

"But father she-"

"I haven't the time, everything needs to be perfect for her welcome home festival. She'll be here in a few days."

"Father about Aria, she's-"

Just then Aria walked into the room. "Father?"

Uther looked up from his scrolls and smiled. "Aria? What are you doing here so early?" He walked to her and hugged her, kissing her on the head. "I hope your journey wasn't too unpleasant."

"It was a lovely journey Father although I am a bit tired. I was able to leave a little earlier and decided to surprise you!"

"I'm glad to hear it, but your welcome festival will not be ready until at least a day from now."

"That's perfectly fine, I'll spend the time getting settled in, maybe making a dress for the occasion! You are glad to see me though right?"

"Of course I am Blossom, your early arrival has been a wonderful surprise. Your new maidservant is not going to be here until tomorrow evening so we'll have to find an easy replacement until then."

Arthur stepped forward. "Father if I may, Merlin is a trusted servant and I'd be more than willing to let Aria have him for a short time."

Uther considered this, "what do you think Blossom?"

"He seems like a fine servant to me"

"Very well then, Merlin will show you to your chambers and you can call on him for whatever you need."

"Thank you Father."

"Princess Aria, if you'll follow me." Merlin said, bowing again.

"I'll escort you as well if you don't mind." said Arthur as they began to walk.

"Not at all"

As they walked Arthur pulled Merlin aside.
"Now Merlin this may be difficult, but for once do as you're asked. My father and I care about Princess Aria very much so if I hear so much as one complaint about you, you'll be in the stocks for a month, got it?"
Merlin looked at Arthur dumbfounded, "Yeah, got it. I'll be an upstanding servant for her Highness." "Good"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N : In terms of a schedule, I should be able to post a new part of this section of the story every day or so. It'll take a little longer afterwards so I can write another overarching episodic story. See ya!