Will You Won't You

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to do that, but it is just a suggestion. Well, I hope everything will go well for you. Have a good rest of your day." Before the girls could even comprehend what had just happened, the woman was gone.

They were silent for a while, and Yelena took this chance to think. It was a mistake though because the bad thoughts came flooding in.

"Kate, what happened." MJ asked, walking in front of the girl. Kate tried to move around MJ and grabbed a tray but was stopped once again.

"Ugh... I don't know. It just seems like it's not going to happen." Kate said, walking up to one of the employees and asking for a plate of chilly cheese fries and two slices of pizza.

"What do you mean? Did you not ask?" MJ questioned.

"No. Of course, something had to go wrong like it always does." Kate sighed, taking the food from the woman. She went on to explain what had happened earlier to MJ.

"Wow. I can see why you looked so upset." MJ answered. Kate had just finished filling up to cups of hot chocolate.

"Well I don't think you should give up." MJ told Kate who gave her a sad side glance.

"Hey, what's that look for?" She continued.

"It's just so hard to say anything important to her. It always seems like something has to happen." Kate replied.

"Well, if you've taught me one thing about love, it is to keep going till you get the proper change. And look, no matter how much you think you suck at this whole love thing you need to look at what you've done for the people around you." MJ said, trying to encourage the girl. She pointed out her friends sitting down at the table.

"You have helped everyone in so many ways. Yeah, some of them didn't go as planned but look, you helped the 4 of us find love. And I know we wouldn't be here without you... What I'm trying to say is that I know you haven't had the best luck with people you've dated, but I have a good feeling about this one." MJ finished with a big smile. This seemed to calm Kate.

"How about we have a huge snowball fight to calm both of your nerves?" MJ suggested.

"I think that would be an excellent idea." Kate said, paying for the food.

"MJ, thank you." She said as they made their way to the group.

Kate looked up at Yelena as she pulled out her chair and sat down.

"I hope this is ok." Kate said.

"This is fine. Thank you." Yelena smiled at the girl.

They dug in, and everything slowly returned to how it usually is. The group laughed and told Yelena funny and scary stories that they had on the mountain. They were mainly about Kate being a dumbass.

The group cleaned up and made their way back outside. Yelena was confused when everyone made a right turn as soon as they were out the door.

"What are we doing?" Yelena asked.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you that we are having a snowball fight." Kate answered.

They walked into the wooded area behind the lodge. There was an open area with big mounds of snow. They walked to the middle and decided on teams. MJ would be the judge, and the boys decided it would be boys vs girls.

The team's made their way to the opposite sides of the area. Yelena had realized that the snow mounds were hand-made to hide behind.

"You take this very seriously." Yelena said.

"Yeah. It was going to be a one-time thing, but now we do it almost every time we are here." Kate said.

MJ explained the rules to Yelena. They had three lives, and anything was fair game.