CHAPTER 23

ahhhh it's officially back

BEY POV

I was exhausted. It was Nicki's birthday so I've been trying to make sure everything was right for her.

I was kind of upset with her but I would talk about it with her when it's not her birthday. I can't talk to her tomorrow because that's the day after her birthday and we'll probably be hungover.

December 10th. That's also the day of my therapy appointment.

It's been longer since I've gone than what I told Nicki. I hate those stupid therapy sessions.

At first she was cool but then she started trying to talk about my "suppressed memories" and I hate it.

After I leave her office I feel so terrible for so long after. But since I see her so often it just becomes a cycle of going to therapy, feeling depressed because of what we talked about in therapy, and just when I finally feel like myself again it's already time for me to go back.

That's not helpful at all. I would much rather stay at home and smoke.

I haven't been feeling good mentally and I know that but there's really nothing I can do about it right now. It's just not a priority with everything else going on.

I made sure Nicki was still asleep then I got in my car to drive to Megan's house. Blue was letting me "borrow" Papa for a couple hours.

I think she feels bad for what she said about Nicki. I have to keep talking to her about the same things over and over again. She needs to respect Nicki and stop bringing up her fertility issues.

After I got to Megan's house, I got out to ring the doorbell. I hope her boyfriend doesn't answer the door, I would hate to beat his ass.

The fact that he punched me the way he did doesn't sit well with me. I'll get him back eventually but not today.

Megan answered the door holding Papa. She never has any clothes on, she was basically in a bra and underwear. This is just her usual attire.

"Hey." I gave her a side hug since she was holding Papa and took him from her.

"Hey, you okay? You look... tired."

This was her nice way of saying I Iooked a mess. I know I did, my lack of sleep and the amount of stress I'm under isn't flattering at all.

"I'm good. You know, the usual." It feels like I've been dealing with the same shit for years, I was tired.

"You know you can always call me regardless of all the other shit going on. I'm here for you."

"And vice versa. Always."

I gave her another hug, I needed it. Papa and I said bye to Megan and we were on our way to get breakfast.

I obviously wasn't going to cook for her, killing my wife on her birthday would be cruel.

I didn't really know where to get her breakfast from, we always go to Waffle house because I like it so I don't know where she likes breakfast from.

I ended up seeing this place called Eggslut and it looked expensive so Papa and I went in there. We need new places to eat anyways.

I ordered basically everything on the menu, it was her birthday and she deserved it. They sold cupcakes so I got her one too. I already had candles at home.

I left a big tip as I was leaving and smiled at the waitress. I was struggling to hold a baby and two bags of food. Papa was holding Nickis juice, he was actually just drinking the whole thing but whatever.