4: 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

The rumble of thunder could be heard all around the Outer Banks as rain was pouring down from the night sky. From the rainwater, large puddles full of it could be seen on the concrete ground as cars and people splashed through it. Mud was being created on the grass as the dirt got wet and was created into the dirty and gross mud.

All that could be heard was the rain as it pounded down onto the roofs of cars and snapping against the concrete as the occasional flash of lightning followed the rumble of thunder that happened every few minutes or so that would pass.

Hiding on a roof of a building, the group of four teenagers could be seen as they were peaking out from a small bit of the roof they were hiding behind. Ahead of them, Ward Cameron could be seen speaking with the same man, Gavin, Kiara had spoken to in a construction sight.

On the way to follow him, Pope had grabbed his telephoto, a camera, so he could record it all so they'd actually have evidence for something. As she was crouched in-between her sister and boyfriend, Y/n moved some of her hair out of the way that had been sticking to her face from the rain.

"Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag." Pope tells them, continuing to film it all.

"Guys, I think this is a payoff." JJ states.

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward." Pope points out.

"Why?" Y/n asks.

Pope shrugs. "I don't know, but he sure looks mad."

The group of four continue to watch and as the seconds go by, they take notice that Gavin continues to look more angry, which soon causes Ward to look to become angry as well before they men begin fighting one another.

The two men continue taking punches at one another, Ward looking to be winning before he was throwing Gavin towards a wooden table, the man's forehead hitting against the rim before he was falling onto his knees, looking to be clutching his head as it starts gushing with blood, making Y/n gulp at the sight. Ward doesn't even look to care at all as he quickly grabs the gun that he saw in Gavin's pocket.

"Holy shit." Pope curses. "Ward's got a gun."

"I bet that's the murder weapon." Kie states.

They all continue to watch as Ward seemed to be speaking with Gavin before he began walking out. However, the man turns back around and the next thing they knew, gunshots filled the air and went through the eardrums, causing them to all gasp and jump as they hide behind the small wall they had been peaking from.

Y/n found her hand shaking as she takes a deep breath in, trying to get over the shock that she just witnessed someone getting murdered by Ward Cameron. Pope glances at his girlfriend, resting his hand on hers and giving a squeeze as he peaks back up, placing his telephoto up as well.

"Tell me you just got that." JJ pleads.

Pope nods. "Enough to put this asshole away for life."

As he continued looking through his telephoto, occasionally glancing away from it, the other three peaked up from where they had been hiding to see Gavin laying lifeless on the construction site while Ward was looking down at the streets, searching for the gun that Pope told them he had lost.

When he looked in their direction, they all quickly ducked down before slowly peaking up to see him now rushing onto the streets, soon kneeling by a drain as the gun had fallen inside. Just then, making her sister and friends fill with panic, Kie stands up, revealing herself as she ignores all their questions.

"What is wrong with you? Murderer!" Kie shouts.

Y/n was quick to stand up, grabbing her sister and pulling her back down as she covers the girl's mouth with her hand before Ward could catch them and reveal that they had just watched the entire thing. Kie continued shouting, her voice being muffled by her sister's hand as she squirms around.