3: 𝙶𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗

After their text message back at school, the group of four found themselves walking on the docks just outside Kiara and Y/n's family restaurant. Smiles were on their faces, clearly still happy about the news of their friends being alive than what they had been told. All they needed to do was figure out how they were going to meet up with them when it was safe to do so. Pope held his girlfriend's hand as they stepped on the bench of the docks, sitting on the ledge.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asks.

"Dude, there's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope states.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later. So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it, like, yesterday." Kie informs.

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ tells them.

Y/n raises a brow. "So you have it all planned out?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." JJ replies. "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking."

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie reminds.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell?" Y/n questions.

"Because that's a felony." Pope adds.

"Alright, well, what do you got, Pope? I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done." JJ admits.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness. We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else was flying out, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record." Pope explains.

"How do we do that?" Kie asks.

Pope shrugs. "A little light espionage. Woogity-woogity."

"Woogity, baby!" JJ exclaims.

After that, Pope grabbed his girlfriend's hand and them and JJ and Kie were making their way off the docks and out of the restaurant where the campervan could be seen parked out front. The Carrera sisters sat in the front, Kie driving while the boys sat in the back. As they made their way to their destination, the group of teenagers were now trying to figure out how to get the evidence they needed.

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope states.

JJ cocks the gun he was holding. "So then direct approach gets my vote."

"JJ, no." Y/n instructs.

"Put the gun down, man." Pope demands.

"No! What?" Kie exclaims.

"We gotta keep this simple, or else we're never gonna get John B home." JJ argues.

"Or we just tickle the wire." Pope suggests. "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods. Say something."

Y/n shrugs. "I love you."

A smile is stretched onto the Heyward boy's face at her words as he stares at her while the girl's voice is repeated onto his phone. Both JJ and Kie roll their eyes, but smiles are evident on their faces as they listen to Pope repeat those words to his girlfriend. Soon enough, the car was parked right out front of the house and Pope was exiting the car, sneakily jogging onto the lawn, making sure he wouldn't be caught by anyone looking out the window.

"How's it been going with Pope and all?" JJ suddenly questions, looking at the youngest of the three of them.

Y/n smiles, looking down at her hands. "It's good."

"It's good? Alright. In the bedroom, is he kinda freaky, cause it's Pope, you know?" JJ continues, still finding himself curious as his words cause both girls to scrunch their faces up.

"Why are you asking?" Y/n asks.

JJ shrugs. "I don't know. Just kinda curious. Just spitballing here."

"You don't need to do that. We could sit in silence." Kie tells him, seeing that her sister was a bit uncomfortable and confused just like she was.

Before either one of them could say anything more, the backdoor of the vehicle opened and Pope was heading inside. Just as he sits down, he takes notice of the awkward silence between the three and Kie only shakes her head, starting the car up before driving off before they would be caught by anyone around.

***

The night sky was up as the group of four still found themselves in the campervan, waiting around the house that they had drove back to but tried finding a better hiding spot. The teenagers had decided that Kie would be the one to speak to the man, trying to figure out how she'd speak. Eventually, the older Carrera sister held up her phone, typing in the number before it began ringing, putting it on speaker phone.

"Hello?" The man's voice comes through the phone.

"Hello. Is Gavin there?" Kie questions.

"This is Gavin." The man replies. "Who's this?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Kie blurts out.

"Um... who's this?" Gavin repeats his question.

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it." Kie continues, ignoring his question again.

"Alright, you're gonna tell me who this is right now." Gavin orders.

"You could've saved her, Gavin, and you didn't." Kie tells him. "And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me! Who is this?" Gavin exclaims.

Not listening like she had already done, Kie hangs up the phone, Gavin's voice disappearing from as he doesn't get any information on who the girl he was just talking to was. For a few minutes, the four found themselves sitting as they waited after tickling the wire.

When they saw Gavin exit his house and the lights of his car turning on, they were all quick to duck when he drove by them, not noticing the four Pogues inside their car. Quickly, Kie starts the car and begins to follow him. As she did that, Pope had his AirPods in as he tried to listen to what Gavin was saying.

"He's talking to Ward." Pope informs. "He's talking about negotiating something. Renegotiating. Gavin's got the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin. I think he's trying to use it as extortion, as leverage."

"Wait. He's pulling over." Kie points out.

"Go around the block." Y/n instructs.

Obeying, Kie drives past Gavin's car and turning the corner, the signal going static as they were going too far from the car. However, what they didn't expect was to see the road was blocked because of construction. Just as Kie goes to back up, she's stopped by a digger that is blocking her way.

In frustrating, JJ exits the car and begins to shout at them, telling them that they were just about to back up. Next thing they knew, Pope was hopping out of the car and running off so he'd get back to Gavin's car. Y/n was quick to get out as well, catching Kie and JJ's attention as she follows her boyfriend.

The other two are also quick to follow, ignoring the shouts of the builders behind them. They found themselves following Pope through a large backyard, seeing him hop over a fence where they quickly did the same, soon running through another backyard where a few of their classmates could be seen playing inside a pool. Just as they reach the Heyward boy, he turns to them with a panicked look.

"What does that mean?" Kie asks, feeling herself start to panic.

"Did you hear something?" JJ adds in question.

"He's meeting Ward right now. We gotta go. Come on." Pope ushers.