¤16¤

Two days had passed since that incident. Damiano had booked me an extra room as soon as the friendly accountant called him to the dining room and as soon as I had gotten a whole sentence out. He understood pretty easily and immediately took care of everything. I let him. There was no use in trying to resist his help when I clearly needed it.

Now I was just lying in bed, staring at the ceiling of the small room. It was meant for only one person. How could that be lucrative business? Then again, this hotel didn't seem to have financial issues at all.

I hadn't talked to Victoria since, she hadn't tried to either. No calls, no texts, no knocks on the door. It didn't hurt as much anymore, it rather angered me. She was the one to ask me to follow her to Spain, she was the one that told me she loved me, she was the one to make the first proper step. And then she decided to betray me like that. I wasn't even capable of saying she cheated on me, because we weren't even together yet. Still, it felt exactly the same way.

"Ameya?", I heard Ethan's gentle voice, followed by a soft knock on the door. I teared up just at the thought of facing him, but effectively decided to get up from the bed I had stayed in the past 48 hours. Passing the mirror on my way, I looked into a pair of fallen in, dull eyes, a ponytail that wasn't recognisable as such, the same clothes I wore when having my heart broken. I looked worse than back then after Victoria had left me in our special room, which didn't seem as special now anymore.

Opening the door very hesitantly, I didn't have the courage to look up at him so held my gaze down with a stubbornness I wish I had concerning more important things in life, such as finally finding a job.

"...my god...", I suddenly made out a female, far from welcomed voice. My head shot up, just to find Victoria looking down at me with eyes full of regret, worry, and a bit of sorrow. It was too much. I was already about to slam the door shut again, when Ethan placed his foot in the threshold.

"Please, you two need to talk", he said, visibly careful not to choose the wrong words. I scoffed and stepped forward, attempting to force him to follow my example and step back, out of the door.

"I don't need to do anything", I hissed, not once dedicating another of my gazes towards Victoria. It wasn't fair how she looked this beautiful even now. Nothing in this situation was fair. Ethan indeed stepped away from the doorframe, but I didn't proceed in my plans. I wanted her to at least explain. And somewhat a part of me still hoped to find out it was all a misunderstanding. Realise it wasn't Victoria in that room, get told I was just sleep deprived and dreamed all of it.

"Can I come in?", Victoria whispered after some moments in which I still hesitated. I only turned around in response and walked back to my bed, sitting down at the same spot on the mattress. I heard the door close and then footsteps approach before I looked back up eventually.

She was standing by the desk across the room, only some metres away from me. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun, her cheeks flushed pink, her lips slightly parted but as beautiful as ever. She rocked back and forth gently, restlessly on her feet, wearing black slippers and a large t-shirt. Needless to say she wasn't wearing any bottoms, nor a bra underneath. God, she was driving me crazy already.

"How are you doing?", she asked after a while and I finally pulled my eyes off her beautiful curves to look directly into her piercing blue eyes.

"Just come to the point, Victoria", I answered a lot colder than I had wanted. Seeing her flinch at the sternness in my voice almost hurt me more than I already had been. Looking at me like that, with genuine regret in her eyes, I had already forgiven her. She didn't even have to say one word about it, not even an apologetic one, and I was already head over heels for her again.

"Listen, Donna and I... we used to have that thing, you know? It's no excuse and inexcusable in general and I swear on my life there is nothing I regret more than what went down two days ago. I don't expect anything from you, only to know that I am truly sorry and that I miss you so much, it's killing me not to talk to you. I can't believe I've been stupid enough to ruin the best thing that ever happened to me. I guess I just panicked and needed to find a way to make me unworthy of this extreme happiness I felt with you. I didn't... what are you doing?"

Within a split second I stood right in front of her. The all too familiar scent pulled me in like a lethal ban, the warmth radiating off her body lulling me into a state of oblivion.

"Why did you want me to come, Victoria?", I muttered under my breath, her hand finding its usual spot on my hip to pull me even closer. I felt her breath tingling against my sensitive skin, sending electrified shivers down my spine.

"I love you Ameya, that's why. I can't love anyone else than you." I stared at her, she right back at me. Those words out of her lips, my knees trembled and I wasn't sure what to reply. The most plausible answer would have been that I loved her too, but I wasn't sure whether I was ready for what would come after that.

"I will make it up to you, I promise", she said after I still didn't answer. I just kept staring at her, trying to figure out what to make of this situation. I had already forgotten about the whole 'Donna' thing, but I knew she wouldn't.

"Do you love me, Victoria?", I finally managed a whisper. She'd said it before, I'd heard it three times out of her lips, yet I had not once believed it. She was only ever telling me she loved me when she wanted me to forgive her. I feared she was just using the words to get me on her good side.
Then she smiled a weak little smile- the butterflies returned in my stomach- and began gently stroking my cheek with her thumb.

"I will love you for as long as you want me."