¤10¤

I felt a knot in my throat restraining any explanation from diffusing the situation. Needless to say, I wouldn't have had one even if the physical barrier vanished. I stepped closer to her, not sure what that would help though.

"I... I'm drawing my dreams." I tried not to show it, but deep inside I already made myself choke on the increasing knot. I was just making it worse right now.

To my surprise a smug smirk played on her lips. She had that look of dominance and superiority. Victoria took a step towards me as well and bit on the fingernail of her thumb.

"You're dreaming of me, piccola?", she observed with a cocky twist to her voice. The italian nickname made my knees grow even weaker and I knew she was about to witness my legs giving in. I had to do something about it so I straightened my back and put on a challenging look. She wouldn't win. Not this time.

As if she could have heard my thoughts- sometimes I thought she did- Victoria pushed a strand of my now loose hair behind my ear and leaned in closer. With every inch she approached my face further I could feel my heartbeat double its pace.

"You know that's really dirty", she mumbled. I still didn't move, even when she began to bite on my bottom lip. This cage of desire she was holding me hostage in wasn't as secure as she thought, I wouldn't be as weak as she thought. At least that's what I would have liked her to believe.

"There is this word in Italian... I think it's time for you to use it", she pursued to whisper against my lip. It sent a slow but cold shiver down my spine but I kept my act of confidence. I wondered if she noticed what she did to me in these moments.

"What word?", I asked with my unsteady voice. God why did I always have to ruin it. She grinned as if she had just waited for something like that to happen and whispered again under her breath, close enough so I was able to feel her breath against the skin behind my ear.

"Puniscimi." I had no idea what it meant and still she made it sound like the sexiest thing in the world.

Before I even had the chance to ask for the meaning of this word that was able to make my head spin, she pushed me against the wall behind me and crashed her lips down onto mine. I had never experienced her this aggressive. Her feisty movements electrified my whole body in places she didn't even have to touch. It was like I had been trying to get out of an addiction and her kisses were my drug. She was my drug.

Victoria pushed her knee between my legs, carefully driving it further up to part them on the way. Her hands on the other hand found the straps of my bra, followed the fabric until stroking my chest. A sigh slipped through my lips when she squeezed my breasts, leaving me breathless.

I forgot to close my mouth afterwards, which she used to slip her tongue between my lips, playing with mine, challenging me, but not willing to give up her dominance, just letting me fight for it. I wanted her to keep it either way. She knew how to make me feel special, desired.

Just when I joined the game of our tongues melting together, a shrill noise made me flinch and bite on Victoria's tongue. In response she didn't say anything but just pulled away to look towards where the tone came from. It kept repeating itself until she seemed to figure out what caused it and cunningly scooped up her phone.

"This is work, I'm so sorry", she said while picking it up. Before holding the screen to her ear she whispered with a smirk: "And you deserve to be left waiting after you've been so naughty."

Her voice completely changed once she spoke to the caller and turned away from me. She moved through the room and left as if she had been here a thousand times before. It didn't just feel like she would belong here, it also looked the way.

The fire from before turned into dread and worry with every second she didn't return. I found myself leaning against the wall she had pinned me against just a few minutes ago and let the previous events pass revue. Her touch still lingered on my skin, warmed me up from the outside.

I knew I was smitten. She had me wrapped around her beautiful finger and I wasn't strong enough to deny it anymore. If only I would know what was going on inside of her. There was no way she could fake such passion. But was that all? Did she just spend time with me for the undeniable physical attraction between us?

That question should be answered sooner than I could have imagined in that moment. Minutes passed and Victoria still didn't come back. Once I built up the courage to look for her, I pushed myself off the wall and made my way to the kitchen. To my surprise she indeed stood there, a glass of water in her hand, leaning against the kitchen counter. My kitchen counter.

My eyes automatically took in the view in front of me, travelled up her perfectly toned legs, along her hips, her waist that was painfully shaped in an hourglass figure, her chest which she had definitely intended to accentuate with that low cut shirt, her full pink lips that she so often pulled into an intoxicating smirk, and finally those blue eyes that reminded you both of the sea and the sky at the same time.

"Ameya", she said as soon as my eyes met hers. She must have noticed me checking her out. Her tone was serious and had no hint of the flirtatious atmosphere from before.

"We need to talk." My heart dropped as I could almost hear it hit the floor beneath me. The way she said it, it couldn't possibly be something good for either her, me, or both of us. My guess was the second.

"Go ahead", I forced myself to answer while taking a seat at the small coffee table. I had a feeling that I would want to sit for whatever she was about to reveal to me. Victoria on the other hand put down her glass and placed her hands on the cold top of the stone counter.

"I uh..." She cleared her throat, almost seeming nervous. That was the first time I had ever experienced her anything else but confident apart from her breakdown at the building.

"I will have to leave."

"Okay."

"No I mean..."

"..."

"I mean for real..."

"That's okay, we will see each other tomorrow."

"No, Ameya."

"...what?"

"Leave as in leave the country."