wonderwall

Hoseok and Yoongi met when they were young. When they were much younger and much more naive than they were now. Days before Hoseok would reach eleven years old, and a few days after Yoongi's parents had faced a fastly approaching divorce, the school playground was what led them together. Growing up together, they had learnt each other's habits just like the back of their hands. Grown accustomed to being side by side. A bond, they liked to call it; best friends for as long as they could even remember. But, the words best friend left a sour taste in Hoseok's mouth nowadays.

If he were honest, the term hadn't felt right in a long time. Though, he wasn't quite sure what would be a better choice of words.. All he really knew was that Yoongi meant a lot to him. He often found himself gazing at the quiet musician as he played his piano, thinking that this was home. This was where Hoseok had wanted to be. If only it were possible for the notes to wrap around Hoseok and hold him close until the end of time... He wouldn't hesitate one moment to get lost in the wonderful harmonies floating through the air of Yoongi's little dorm.

Perhaps that was the reason Hoseok had found himself there every day this week, leaning over top of a chemistry textbook, watching Yoongi's delicate hands gently slide over the keys of his Yamahaw keyboard.

Music was Yoongi's everything; the light of his life. And Hoseok admired that about him. He admired the way you could see the little spark light up the rims of Yoongi's eyes as inspiration would crash into him, hitting him in waves as he scribbled in his little notebook. Hoseok swore he got drunk off the atmosphere alone.

"Are you even studying?" Yoongi's amused voice filled the room. Hoseok could only scoff and shake his head, "Of course, I am. I just don't... feel like it. I dunno, I have struggled a lot with this section."

Yoongi sat down beside him and smiled, "Maybe if you actually studied instead of staring at my walls for hours on end." Hoseok could feel the blush rise upon his cheeks as he put his head in his hands, listening to Yoongi playfully scold him. Something the older boy would do from time to time; Scolding Hoseok for staring for too long, for not doing his work or for simply complimenting him too much. Yoongi's whines would come out so harmonious that Hoseok didn't even mind the nagging. The cuteness of them almost too adorable to be annoyed at.

Hoseok only playfully nudged Yoongi at being called out for not really paying attention to his studies as he saw Yoongi's gummy smile spread across his face. His stomach swarmed with all kinds of butterflies because Yoongi's laugh was almost as pretty as his piano notes were. A quiet but beautiful laugh danced around in Hoseok's head as he mumbled in his hands again.

"I give up. I don't feel like studying. There's no use." Yoongi's hands were now sliding up and down Hoseok's back in an act of comfort, "Hey, it's going to be okay. You'll figure this out, mm?"

Hoseok only sat up and sighed, but couldn't help but smile when Yoongi broke out the biggest smile that he could and raised his fists in support, "Fighting!"

Hoseok had bigger and more important things to figure out, it seemed.

-

It was mid-week, and finals were kicking both of their asses. Yoongi had managed to finish his song just on time, and score the highest score in his music class. Hoseok, on the other hand, was struggling. The Chemistry exam surely wasn't easy nor forgiving, especially for someone who didn't really know any of the curriculum. A pit of gloom had managed to find its way in Hoseok's stomach, as he knew he would have to retake the class. It was bullshit, really. And it pissed him off.

Though, seeing the smile on Yoongi's lips sort of made everything a little better. He would tell Yoongi later the truth about how he flunked his Chemistry test. For now, Yoongi's happiness was enough to keep him going.