"Lilian, I believe you owe me something." Zavien said and even the tone he used while talking to her was different from what he used while speaking to me. Or maybe, maybe I was just overthinking. It's been so long so maybe I saw something that wasn't there.

There was no place to go so I had to shuffle awkwardly to the side, to give them a semblance of privacy but I could still hear them again.

"I owe you nothing."

The door parts and the blonde dark skinned woman from last time walked into the store, Madan by her side. The woman was wearing a black bandeau top and leggings, doc martens on her feet and a brown leather jacket over it. Madan was dressed in a black button up rolled up to his elbows, black jeans and black shoes. Ugh, how did they look so good? Like yeah, they had this scary vibe but they looked amazing.

My manager looked at the newcomers and went pale.

Ugh.

Not again.

I looked back at Madan and the blonde woman, when he met my gaze, Madan made his way over to me and he smiled. The same warm smile he used to direct at me when we were at that shitty diner.

"Nuri . . ." Madan greets and I can't help but smile back at him. I actually have missed him.

"Hi. . . it's been a while."

Madan grins at me. "Yes it has. We should hang out soon." he said and I found myself nodding along. It would be nice to have my only friend back. He pulls out his phone and hands it to me. I typed in my number and saved it.

"Hopefully, this one won't go out of service." I said, staring pointedly at Madan.

He had a sheepish expression on his face but he did look sorry. "It wasn-"

"No, it's fine. I understand. If you don't call me, I will find you and you'll be sorry." I said, pointing my hands at him. Madan grins and with a small wave, he walks back over to the blonde girl. I rested my head on my palm, elbow on the table as I tried not to yawn again.

To make matters worse, the doors open again and in walks the last person I never wanted to see again in my life. He still looked the same. And right by his side was also someone I knew. My entire body went stiff as I watched him. As I watched them. I couldn't go anywhere, there was no one to man the counter, maybe they would use the self checkout. But knowing my luck. . .

Right before going over to the shirts, the couple look right at me and I flinch. I mentally shook my head and turned my gaze away from them to Zavien and my manager. There was more color to her skin and she was looking relieved now, things were going well for her then. The blonde girl tapped Madan on the shoulder and walked out, not even looking at me.

Zavien was listening to her talk but she was whispering now, gesturing with her hands. Something about getting the money for the supply given to her. I wonder what supply it was they were talking about. I would rather focus on this conversation than on the couple that had just walked in.

I dug my teeth into my bottom lip and watched, my fingers still drumming on the table. Maybe if I keep praying, they would not come to me.

The conversation with Zaiven goes hush when someone walks up to the counter. My heart sinks to my stomach because I just knew. I didn't have to turn around to know who was there. Before doing that though, Zavien looks right at me, a tiny twitch in his brow as he took in my expression. I took a deep breath and with all the strength I had, I turned to the couple standing there.

Marley and Susan.

"Is this all you'll be buying here today?" I asked, putting on my polite voice and smile.

"How have you been, you bondage weirdo?" Marley asked and Susan giggled. I grabbed all their items, scanning them and placing them in a bag, doing my best to ignore their taunting.

"The freak who liked to be beat so he could come." Susan spoke this time, turning to Marley. "I can't believe you almost married him. He could have initiated you or something."

I let my hands drop, curling my fingers into fist, trying so hard not to crumble. I told them their total. "Would that be cash or card?" I asked.

Marley takes out his card. He threw it onto the counter and I reached for it. In the blink of an eye, Marley wrapped his hand around my wrist and dragged me close to the counter. He doesn't get to say a word though because Zavien was right there, pulling him away with his hand pressed tightly to Marley's neck.

I couldn't move. Didn't even want to.

"First you insult him and now you try to do what?" Zavien asked, his voice loud and clear, like a boom! I could hear Susan start crying but I could not look away from Zavien. "You're going to apologize or you might not like what I would do to you."

Zavien pulls Marley closer to me, his hands still on his neck. Madan comes closer and kicks at Marley's legs until he crumples onto his knees.

He opens his mouth and mumble some words but I couldn't hear him. I couldn't believe this was happening. Susan was crying, her face steadily turning such a bright red colour. It was my turn. He had been taunting me for weeks, had left me at the altar, had told the CEO of where I worked before awful things about me and now I was blacklisted. It was my turn.

"Louder." I said and everyone turned to me. "Scream it if you can." I said, glaring at Marley.

Marley tried to raise his head but Zavien grabbed his hair so tight and bent his head down, keeping it there. It must have been so painful because Marley was a crying mess.

"I am so sorry, Nuri. For everything." Marley pleaded. "Please, I'm sorry."

Zavien turned to me and I gave him a nod. He squats and faced Marley. "I'm going to count to ten, if you and the bitch aren't gone by then, I will do what I really want to do to you." he said, turning the rings he had in his hand.

Marley and Susan sprinted out of the building. He had even left his card behind. I shook my head at him. I fell back onto my seat, not even sure when I had gotten to my feet. I suddenly didn't want to be here any more. I just wanted to go home.

It was Zavien's voice that pulled me out of my thoughts. "Lilian, he's getting off work now." he said and I turned to him. He tilts his head. "Come on, I'll buy you a drink."

Despite not being a big drinker, it would be nice to wash away the horrific happenings of the day with a pina colada or maybe a mimosa. I rushed into the employee's room, took off my apron and grabbed my wallet and phone.

I followed Zavian out the door, Madan behind us. He walks right up to a sleek black jeep. He pulled open one of the doors for me, holding his hand out so I could easily climb up and into the car.  The door shuts and in a couple of seconds he opens the door on the left side and slips into the car, Madan in the driver's seat.

"Haven't you heard of stranger danger, little one?"

"Really? You're asking me this when I'm already seated in your car?" I asked with a sigh. I ran my fingers through my hair. I was tired. "It's fine though. If Madan likes you, then that's good enough for me."

Zavien doesn't say another word but the silence. . . was a comfortable one.

Almost comforting.

Getting there

What do you think?

Leave a feedback ❤️

What kind of dom do you think Zav would be?