36. Third Task part 2

Start from the beginning

Once he knew Cedric was ok he ran back off in hopes to finding the centre of the darn thing, he really did wish he had Otiz with him and not in here alone, he was fourteen for merlin's sake the other three were seventeen!

"I just want to get out of here and fast" he said to himself only to scream as something jumped out in front of him. It was a Sphinx of all things.

(I've given it a name just to make the conversation between them seems a little more relatable, Mostafa means The One Chosen Among All)

"I am Mostafa, one riddle I grant thee, answer correctly ye shall pass, answer wrongly and ye life will be mind, are you ready child?" he looked towards Harry who nodded shyly he wasn't good with riddles, Theo, Blaise or even the twins were better at them than he was.

"I'm ready, I think"

"Do not worry child I shall as but one riddle, think about it and then answer" said Mostafa and he sat down wings to his side and tail wrapped around him, he looked like a wing cat sitting like that thought Harry, he laughed slightly as a Sphinx was just that a winged cat.

"Very well child here we go, my riddle set before you is this, what are the next three letters in this combination? OTTFFSS? think clearly dear child, your mind is strong and clear" he wait patiently for Harry to answer the riddle, it took a bit of thinking as riddles were his strong suit but he gave it a good go.

"Um... I think it's ENT" said Harry.

"Your reason why?" asked Mostafa to the boy in front of him, a slight smile on his face.

"Well the first seven letters you gave me OTTFFSS mean one, two, three, four, five, six and seven so the next there you asked me is ENT, so if I go by the numbers again it would be eight, nine and ten in the sequence" he smiled hoping he was right.

Mostafa smiled and jumped out of the way.

"You child are correct in what you have said, I let ye pass but be warned you magical only dangers are ahead, protect thy self young one and remember you are loved by many" and he was soon gone making Harry confused at that the Sphinx had said to him and so he headed once again hopefully to the middle of the maze.

Harry once again clashed into Cedric when they came across one of Aragog's children, it looked like a young Acromantula as it wasn't as big as Aragog himself but it was one big ass spider making both boys shudder, one because Cedric hadn't ever seen one before and two Harry remembering about the one he had seen when he helped Hagrid one weekend and they stumbled upon the nest.

"What in merlin's name is that?!" asked Cedric to Harry who was now pale but just whispered loud enough about it being Aragog's child making the other boy just look at him like he was crazy only to make the younger explain himself all the while dodging the legs of the spider.

"I helped Hagrid one weekend last year with his animals and we came across the nest in the forest, the leader of the nest is Hagrid's pet spider Aragog, this is one of his children, the spider only obeys Hagrid as it was Hagrid that raised him when at school.

Aragog must of let Hagrid borrow one for the maze or a few..." Harry got scraped along his left leg by a fang making him scream out in pain but he managed to get hold of his wand that had dropped out of his hand and cast another stunner this time at the spider so then they could get passed.

They both saw the glow of the cup and bolted for it after the spider was doubly stunned by the both of them they so didn't want to get attacked by that thing again, Harry was feeling a tad unwell but he pushed it aside for now he had bigger things to deal with at the moment.

They both reached the centre of the maze, the cup glowing brightly.

"Cedric you take the cup and go back I'll find my way back don't worry".

"No you should take it, you shouldn't of been put into his tournament you're only fourteen for merlin's sake and what would a 7th year think if he let someone younger find their own way back, no you take it I'll find my way back".

"Are you sure we could take it together get back together".

"We can, as we are the only one's here it appears that Hogwarts have won anyway" smiled Cedric and so they both went to grab it but instead of heading back to the start they were whisked away from the school entirely.

..................

well that's it from me for a bit, i know i've left it as a sort if cliffhanger, i'm still trying to work out if cedric dies or not and i have to make sure my plans for the last of the tournament it ok in my little head, plus i am also painting a liverpool and harry potter canvas for a wedding next moth for my brother in law and his soon to be wife so i will be doing that instead of writing for a bit

so i'm signing off from writing for a bit, enjoy the chapter

sumire and otiz

xx