35. Third Task part 1

The four champions were standing at the entrance of the frickin' arse huge maze, they were meant to get to the middle of this darn thing how?, they were just children, teenagers really but still?!

Harry glanced around he was only fourteen while the rest were sixteen- seventeen years old and they were meant to clear it how in merlin was he suppose to did it without help, they knew for one more spells than him for starters, he knew that they didn't have such a bad childhood as he has spoken to them all one time they all decided to get together and talk about the tasks they had done, in fact they had gotten quite close as friends and Viktor even commented on how much of a talented flier he was and would be happy to help train him if he wanted even if it was just for fun.

Viktor hoped that Harry would chose quidditch for a career but when he told them about his background which Cedric had heard bits and pieces they were shocked at what Dumbledore would do to the poor boy.

Fleur wanted him to carry on with his studies and she started to look at him like a little brother that had to be protected at all times, she was so shocked and surprised that he was able to rescue not only his treasured person but hers as well, she adored him.

Cedric knew part of everything that had happened to Harry but he at first didn't really believe it until the lad told them everything jut after the second task he could see that Harry was beginning to trust more but not completely and he did always hang around with Draco Malfoy and when they all found out that they were dating they were shocked.

They didn't think the shy and highly emotional fourteen year old would be gay of all things, they all thought that he would be into the Greengrass sister's or even the Lovegood girl but never into any boys, it just proved that you couldn't judge a book by it's cover.

"When I blow my whistle you Mr Diggory and you as well Mr Snape will head into the maze first and then it will be Mr Krum and lastly Miss Delacour" said Crouch to them as he looked at all four champions and nodded, he blew his whistle and the two Hogwarts students ran into the maze taking different routes.

A few minutes later two more whistles were heard and that meant that Viktor and Fleur had entered the maze as well, everyone in the stands could only see part of the maze as it stretched for what looked like miles but they all hoped that it was only charmed to look like that and not really like that.

About ten minutes later Cedric encounted his first creature that had been placed in the maze and it was a Blast-Ended Skrewt he remembered that was what it was called thanks to Hagrid's appalling Care of Magical Creature's lessons, he did pay attention mind you but the man just cared to much about them and got overly emotional with the creatures that they were meant to look after and learn about but he would admit the half giant knew his stuff. 

Cedric looked at the almost ten foot creature that was pale grey, slimy deformed shell like armour that was in front of him and the damn thing looked like to be in a pissed off mood and Cedric knew that they were very aggressive and the smell of i...

Cedric looked at the almost ten foot creature that was pale grey, slimy deformed shell like armour that was in front of him and the damn thing looked like to be in a pissed off mood and Cedric knew that they were very aggressive and the smell of it rotten eggs of all things, it made his eyes water, he looked at it and it looked like it was male, the damn thing had a stinger so definitely a male and a young one at that he just hoped.... he had to jump out of the way as the damn thing shot fire out of it's rear end.

"Damn thing, always with the shooting of the fire!" he was just glad he dodged that one but he knew the Skrewt wasn't done but a long shot, the damn thing spun around and starting shooting in all directions hoping to hit its target as it knew someone was there.

Cedric dodged here and there but the damn thing got him a few times, his clothes were burnt  through leaving scorch marks across his body as they burnt him.

"Ow damn things, who in their right mind would let these in here, this burns like hell!"

He heard running and looked up from where he was on the floor and noticed it was Harry, he sighed in slight relief due to the boy not being hurt but then again he stupid boy stepped forward which lead the Skrewt too start to attack him as well, only for the boy to raise his wand and blast the thing so it was now upside down.

Again he pointed his wand at the creature and making it land on his back so then it's underside was showing to the world, he pointed his wand one last time and cast the Impedimenta on it, the Impediment Hex, to render its movements so then they could get away from it.

"Thank you Hadrian for saving me mind you my clothes could use a bit of a repair but that can be done later after this task" said Cedric as he clasped Harry's shoulder only to run off further into the maze and try and head for the centre.

Harry made some twist and turns hoping he was going the right away at these he thought he was at least until he saw something resembling a chest of sorts, heading slowly towards it because he had to go around it as it was the only way, it slowly opened to reveal his worse fear, he felt the deadly chill from last year and he knew what it was, even if it wasn't real... a dementor... truth in fact that it was just an ordinary run of the mill Boggart.

He stilled and tried to get his breathe back he knew it was a Boggart but that didn't mean that what he was feeling was any different, he could 'feel' his soul being taken but then he remembered that they wouldn't really put a Dementor in the maze would they?

No they wouldn't not with all the students gathered here along with the other schools as well, too many were at stake to be honest and after last year with the damn things well...

He gathered his thoughts together and realised that it was nothing but a Boggart but to defeat a Dementor was the Patronus charm, so he gathered all his happiest memories he could with his family and friends and out of his wand shot out his slivery deer which he had named Prongs after his father,, the Boggart/Dementor screamed and ran/floated back into its chest to get away from it all.

Once it was back in its chest and lid firmly closed Harry went around it only for him to step into some golden mist that turned everything upside down making him worried that he was losing the plot on everything but in truth it was just to disorientate him nothing more, as he walked further away the effects wore off leaving him standing on a path further away than he really wanted to be from, he sighed and carried on walking.

With Fleur someone was definitely following her and she knew it but what could she really do it could be one of the boys, so she didn't want to pull her wand on them so she carried on heading towards the centre of the maze but little did she know was that Mundungus Fletcher was following her, he smiled she was alone at least

As Fleur turned a corner he pulled out his wand stunning her, well now that was one of the idiots down, just two more and Potter would be theirs , now who was going to be next?, he crept around for a few more minutes until he spotted Viktor Krum running passed, leaving the now unconscious girl on the floor he followed him.

Once close enough he cast the Imperius curse on him and sent him to look for Cedric so then he would take him out and then Mundungus could take out Viktor and then they would have Harry to themselves and he would sign that contract and he would follow them and defeat Voldemort and once their plan was done they would kill him and all his money would be spilt between them or so he thought that was.

Once married to Ginny, Dumbledore had made sure that he would make Harry seem like the new Dark Lord and so would kill him stating so and he would once again be the most powerful wizard, just like he did with Gindelwald back in the day, stupid idiot now locked up, oh well that was another thing on Dumbledore's list but first Harry James Potter.

....................................

I am so getting there people soon the tournament will be over and i do hope i have done justice to it over these past few months even with my poor health, i hope i will complete this but monday next week ........... heres hoping people