37

"Louis ?"

Louis stops talking to anne and looks to the side, where Kendall is standing with a nervous look on her face. "yeah?"

"can i talk to you? in private?" she asks as she twists her fingers in the fabric of her red dress nervously, chewing on her lower lip as anxiousness settles in her eyes.

Louis's eyes widen, then narrow. he furrows his eyebrows I'm confusion, looking at her , almost pleading her to just explain what's going on. she doesn't.

"take care, call my name if you need something" Anne whispers in his ear softly, giving him a small smile before walking away. Louis hesitates, worry blooming in his veins as nervousness erupt in his lungs.

"sure, follow me" he gives her a polite smile before guiding the way to his room. they walk in silence, him seeing her take a few glances at him from the corner of his eyes. when they arrive, she locks the door behind them. Louis sits on his desk and allows her to sit on the edge of him bed, yearning to just get this over with.

"how can I help you?" Louis asks with a waver to his voice. his fingers are drumming against the wooden desk as his foot tap on the floor - copying the sound of rain dropping onto his glass window.

she takes her time with forming the words, shifting in her seat nervously. she's pursing her lips almost as if she's scared that the words would slip out if she opens her mouth. the words seem like poison in her mouth, so she settles for a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

Louis would be lying if he said he didn't almost jump out of his seat. he stills, eyes widening too much for just little words. "what?"

"I'm sorry, I really am. I'm sorry for always treating you so badly. I'm a horrible person!" she breathes as her eyes begin to tear up. Louis awkwardly stands up and makes his way to where she is sitting, gently rubbing her back comfortingly.

he does not speak, but narrows his eyes hesitantly. his brain tells him that Kendall will betray him, that he shouldn't trust her. but his heart says otherwise.

"okay" he murmurs, gently wrapping an arm around Kendall's shoulder as he tries to comfort her. she looks at him, and for the first time, Louis sees pure emotion in her eyes, not hatred but guilt.

he still doesn't fully trust her, but she is being way more believable than the other times. she looks back to the wall facing her. "I never hated you"

"what?" Louis asks, eyes widening as she starts pouring her heart out to him.

"I never hated you" she repeats "you were just Harry's favorite" she bites her lower lips, shame and guilt filling through her as she remembers. "and I was jealous"

Louis stares at her side profile with narrowed eyes, not certain if he should trust her. he's about to say something when a knock was placed on the door. Louis offers her a small sympathetic smile before standing up and unlocking the door with a click.

the door flies open and Harry walks in, concerned eyes immediately falling onto Louis. he lets out a relaxed sigh and gathers Louis in his arms, still unaware of the third presence in the room.

"I was worried. didn't find you anywhere" Harry places louis' face in his hands and pecks his lips, a kiss lasting a split second though lasting ever so long on the lips.

he kisses him again, just because he can, then finally pulls back and only then he takes notice of Kendall's presence. his eyes darken and he immediately scowls, pushing Louis in his secure embrace.

"har-" Louis starts.

"what the fuck are you doing here" Harry spits, eyes blazing with venom as he glares at her. she stands up shyly, face painted in shame. "harry, listen to me"