34

"hey!"

Louis stops walking, feet scratching with the mud as he comes to a stop. he curses under his breath when he notices his –now– dirty black leather shoes, mud sticking to it's base , decorating it with a brown color. he turns around and quints, trying to ignore the fact that the cold weather is numbing his face and nose and tries to look for the source of greet.

"hey" a man walks to Louis, body covered in a long, black coat, protecting his skin from the abusive cold weather. "remember me?" he charms Louis with a wide smiles, red lips matching with his red cheeks. louis squints, and then remembers.

"oh! I do , you're the guy I bumped into!" he nervously chuckles, mentally cursing at his brain, comparing it to an old Rusty piece of computer, unable to memorize anything. the guy chuckles, voice deeper when he rolls the laugh out of his throat.

"yep that's me" he takes a second to look down at Louis, eyes running all over his face. "Louis, right?" he asks , unable to remove his attracted eyes from off Louis. Louis gulps down the mixed emotions that are climbing up his throat and nods.

"yeah, haven't gotten your name yet" he informs awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. he wants this conversation to be over, very well keeping the fact that it's snowing and they're standing in the middle of nowhere. a cold, nowhere.

"oh right" he chuckles "it's Sam" he extends his pale hand for Louis to shake, which Louis immediately takes and shakes firmly.  ”never heard about you before, new here?" Louis asks.

Sam makes a face, brain working and running around with effort as he tries to gather his sentence "do you know Alex?" Louis nods, eyebrows immediately shooting up, interested.

"I'm his friend, just traveled back here" he shares a smile, wide, pearly, honest. Louis takes a second to think, what does this tall human want from him, having seen him so many times (and hiding away).

"oh" he sighs "he didn't tell me" he frowns, red lips forming a pout while he tries to remember Alex giving him this piece of information. Sam deeply laughs again, almost as if he's trying to attract Louis with his only weapon, then puts his finger underneath louis' chin, controlling the way he looks up at him, in his eyes. Louis stares into his brown eyes, getting hypnotized as the seconds, or minutes, pass.

"I'll see you later" it's not a question, or an answer, but a promise. Louis nods and offers a shy smile in return, not once returning the promise. Sam winks at him before walking to where he came from, leaving Louis flustered, confused, head full with thoughts.

when Louis gains his common sense back he decides to check his clock, seeing that it's only an hour before dinner time. he wraps his arms around himself and starts walking, undecided destiny, but free. he steals a few minutes from the world all to himself to clear his head up as he stares at the beautiful scenery that's laid out like a painting in front of him. he stares as the bird fly as high as they can go, and wonders when he can be as free as those.

he's about to sigh, to let all his emotions out when his phone rings, vibrating against his thigh within the walls of his pockets. he groans. it's his mother, of course, texting him.

”come back love, dinner's soon."

he sends a short reply before stuffing his phone in his pocket, storing as much fresh air he can store in his lungs before walking back to the castle.

                      ***

dinner is filled with endless bantering, jokes, and laughs. everyone is in a good mood today, even Des. Sam joined them tonight, and chose his seat next to Louis. he'd make jokes and direct them to Louis, talk about his childhood and direct it to Louis, pour his heart out and direct it to Louis. Louis always smiled and answered with a story of his.