Part 18

Louis POV

The English class before lunch is the only class I don't have with Harry. As I sit down in the back of the room and take out my books, I can't help but think everyone is staring at me. Suddenly David, Joey's older brother walks into the classroom. His eyes find mine and he smirks, he walks over to me, and I freeze. Shit.

"You're in my seat faggot" he spits at me.

I cringe at the word. David is a lot bigger than Joey but dumb as batshit. I sigh as I go to move so as not to cause a seen. Before I can though, Cameron walks over to us.

"Did you just call Louis a faggot David?" Cameron asks.

The class all stop what they are doing and go silent, turning around in their seats to watch the encounter.

"So, what if I did Cam, he is in my fucking seat" David scoffs.

Again, I go to just move and avoid the confrontation.

"Don't move Lou, you don't have to move bud" Cameron says looking at me and holding his hand out telling me to stop.

"I don't mind, I didn't know it was his seat" I say back shyly.

"It's not, David here is just being a jerk" Cameron says, turning his attention back to David.

"At least I'm not a fag who is sitting in someone else's seat" David says raising his voice.

"Are you sure David? You may want to rethink that sentence after what I saw you and Adam long doing after the football game last week" Cameron smiles and the whole class laughs.

"You might also want to talk to your little brother, about the talk we all had with him this morning. I'm going to let you off with a warning this time. I suggest you leave and fast" Cameron says.

David picks up his books humiliated and walks to another seat. Cameron turns to wink at me and sits down beside me.

"Thank you" I say smiling shyly.

"Anytime Lou" Cameron replies grinning at me.

The teacher walks in and the lesson starts. It turns out Cameron and I have a lot in common and I find myself laughing and talking with him easily. He seems to react the same way; he actually asks me to hang out with him after school next week and I really feel like I've made a proper friend.

When the bell rings for lunch, I head out with Cameron. I'm not sure if I should sit with Harry and Drew or I should try and find my own group to sit with. I don't want to become annoying; I really don't want them to feel like I'm intruding on their friends, and they have to look after and baby me all the time. I decide I should head to the bathroom and spend the lunch hour on my own, that way I won't have to eat either.

"I'm just going to go the bathroom" I tell Cameron.

"Ok sure, I'll let Harry know" he responds. I smile at him as we walk in different directions.

I enter the bathroom on the senior level and when I walk in, I see Stan leaning against the wall smoking. He is surprised to see me.

"Umm hey there Lou" he says trying to dispose of his cigarette.

I smile uncomfortably at him and stand there awkwardly. I don't know if we are friends or what, he was such a jerk to me, but he never hurt me physically.

"Listen Lou, I'm really sorry for being such a dick, you have to believe me, I didn't know Joey was hurting you. If I had I would have stopped it, Lou. I'm so sorry" he says looking at me with such remorse.

I don't know whether to believe him or not but there is no point in holding a grudge against him and he did just apologise to me. He was always a good friend to me until recently and I should give him the benefit of the doubt. He really had no idea about the physical bullying.