Part 3

When I come down for breakfast the next morning, it's quiet. As I enter the kitchen the boys stop eating and watch me. I grab a water bottle from the fridge, and I turn to exit the kitchen, hoping to leave without a confrontation, but again luck is not on my side.

"Louis" Scott says

I sigh

"Yeah?" I ask, not turning around, keeping my back to the boys.

"Listen, we're sorry about last night ok kid, we are just worried" Edward says.

I close my eyes and try and hold back my tears. If it wouldn't make my situation worse, I would tell them everything, but I can't. I take a deep breath needing to get out of the room before I break.

"I promise there is nothing to worry about, Stan and I were just mucking around wrestling and his grip must have been too tight" I say, the lie easily leaving my mouth after practicing it over and over last night.

"Ok Louis, we believe you, we do it's just. The thought of someone hurting you just got us worried and upset" Andy says.

"I know" I say quietly.

"Please promise us you will tell us if you need our help, or if someone is hurting you. It's our job to protect you Lou and you need to trust us to do that." Edward tells me carefully.

These boys mean so much to me and it literally destroys me that I can't confide in them. I may be being selfish but it's safer for me to keep them in the dark about the abuse.

"I-I will, I do, I will" I stumble out as I walk quickly out of the kitchen leaving silence in my wake. If I stay any longer, I will break down.

I grab my bag by the stairs, and I head out the front to wait for Harry to pick us up. Drew comes out 5 minutes later, just as Harry pulls up. I jump in the back seat quickly to avoid another conversation with Drew.

"Morning guys" Harry says.

"Morning Haz" Drew says back, getting into the front seat

"I've got footy practice this arvo, so I won't be riding home with you guys" he then says and Harry smiles.

"No worries D, Louis and I have a study date anyway" Harry says looking at me in the rear-view mirror. I smile back at him.

"Cool, hey did you catch the game last night" Drew asks, sending Harry and him on a football gossip session. I drown them out as I try to concentrate on the day ahead.

We pull up at school and I can see Stan waiting for me at the front entrance as we all get out of the car.

"See you Lou, have a great day" Drew says.

"Don't forget to meet me at your locker after lunch Lou and I'll walk you to Biology ok" Harry says seriously.

I'm thankful he remembered, and I smile at him.

"Ok I will, thanks, Harry" I say looking down at my shoes to keep from blushing.

They both smile at me before they turn around and head to their group of friends on the grass. Again they are both greeted with high fives, hugs and fist pumps. Everyone in the school always watches them in awe. The group is like no other, they rule the school but aren't jerks about it, they are all really nice guys and are great friends. I wish I had friends like that. I have Stan but we aren't that close. I sigh and turn around not wanting to be caught staring again.

I make my way over towards the entrance where Stan is waiting for me, Stan is tall with red hair, he has been my friend since we started high school. He only knows a little about the bullying though, I haven't told him about anything physical. Stan is one of those people who is liked by everyone, he is on the junior football team with Joey and Luke, so he hangs with them a lot of the time, they give him flack about hanging with me, but he just shrugs it off and tells them where to go. We sometimes eat lunch together in the courtyard, but he also has football commitments, so he sits with the team four days a week. Stan is also gay and has guys falling at his feet and he isn't modest about it either. He is very outspoken and loud it's a wonder we click really, we are total opposites.