Part 15

Louis POV

I wake up to an empty room, my head feels so much better. As I sit up in the bed a nurse and a very cute doctor walk into the room.

"Ahh your awake, how are you feeling sweetheart?" the nurse, Melanie I think I remember her name asks.

"I'm, I'm fine" I say shyly, pulling the blanket up to my chin.

"Do you remember meeting me last night, you were quite tired, I'm Dr J" the cute doctor says.

I vaguely remember him introducing himself to me, I didn't remember him being so cute though. I just nod my head at him and look down at the blanket. Melanie sets to checking my vitals and Dr J comes and sits on the bed facing me.

"Ok, so I was hoping, you and I could have a chat" he says calmly.

I look up and meet his eyes, there is no judgement behind them, and they seem to be filled with care and concern. I know he is going to ask about the bruises and how I got my head split open. I don't want to talk about it though and this guy has a lot more authority than Harry and the boys, he could potentially get the police involved and that would surely be a death wish for me, but if I don't tell someone, I'm going to explode. I nod my head but don't say anything.

"Can you tell me what happened yesterday, how you hit your head?" he asks kindly.

"Umm I slipped in the bathroom and fell on the sink" I say breaking eye contact.

"That's what your brothers said" he says, and I look back at him.

"What if I said that I didn't believe you, that I think something else happened" he says calmly.

What does he mean, how can he know, he can't know. I can't let him know, I try to remain calm, but my breathing is a little heavy.

"I-I-I, no, I slipped and fell I-I-I-I that's what happened" I say fiddling with the blanket on the bed.

"We saw the bruises, Louis; I know you're not telling me the truth" he says.

Tears gather in my eyes, and I try to hold them back, I can't break down and show I'm weak I just can't.

"I'm just clumsy, that's all" I say frustratingly.

"Are your brothers or Harry.... Are they hurting you?" he asks.

I'm absolutely dumbstruck I can't believe he suggested that, how could he think that. I'm starting to get really upset.

"No!! never, no they would never touch me, they would never" I struggle to get the words out.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry. I just had to ask ok, I believe you" he says reaching out and placing his hand on mine to calm me and surprisingly it does, and I relax.

"Was it someone at school?" he asks.

I look away from him, I don't answer. I don't want him thinking it was my brothers or Harry who gave me the bruises though. If I come clean, he will definitely know it wasn't them, but I'm scared of what will happen if I tell him.

"Maybe" I whisper "I don't want to talk about it"

"Bud, I'm here to help you, I want you to talk to me. If there is something going on I can help" he says and for a second, I want to spill my guts, but I don't.

"How? How can you help me? If I tell you anything, mention anyone, it will make my life 10 times worse and what do you care anyway. If you tell anyone, I'm screwed. What, I'm supposed to spill everything that I've been through, that's happened to me to you, a complete stranger that I just met, just so you can tick it off on your clip board that I spoke to you. Just so your conscience is clear and all the while making my life worse, no, that's not fair, I'm not talking. I slipped and fell over and that's what happened that's all" I finish upset a few tears escape my eyes.