Talking with Keira

Christina's POV
The next day Santiago and Corin drove me to school and I attended my classes like normal and Bella went to the psych ward in Forks hospital.

Apparently dad found her diary and with what Leah and the pack had said about what happened at the cliffs Charlie deemed her a threat to my well-being and sent her to be evaluated. Renee has been blowing up my phone all day I finally blocked her when I went to eat alone in my car.

I'd been avoiding Keira all day as I knew that she wanted to know what happened in Volterra, but I wasn't ready to tell her. I mean, what was I supposed to say? 'Hey I found my soulmates and I only have three years to love as a human so I guess you being imprinted on by Leah and us breaking up was a blessing in disguise'? Yeah, no, I had no idea how to handle this. Usually when my relationship ended with someone it was because they cheated on me with Bella, or I wasn't willing to go all the way, or Renee got involved, or they dumped me with no explanation.

I wasn't even used to being friends with them afterwards as we usually stopped hanging out completely after a week. But Keira was different. Keira was sweet, and kind, and loyal. She didn't pressure me for sex, she didn't cheat on me, she didn't let Renee scare her off, she stood by me and was willing to reject Leah, her soulmate, for me. Keira was special, then again first loves are always special. Maybe that's why a part of me still loves her.

I was at my locker at the end of the day when she finally cornered me "Why are you avoiding me?" She demanded, thankfully the hallway was empty "I'm not avoiding you" I lied smoothly "I was just trying to get through school without talking to anyone about Bella" that was half true. Keira suddenly eased up and began walking out with me "So is it true? Did Charlie finally have her committed?" She asked and I nodded making her sigh in relief "Good, I don't want that bitch anywhere near you again" "That makes two of us" Santiago called out.

Keira snapped her head up and her eyes widened as she realized that there were two human drinking vampires waiting for us. "Keira, this is Santiago and Corin. Corin, Santiago this is Keira my.....friend" they nodded before Corin stepped forward and said "Mrs. White called and the ballet studio will be closed for a few weeks as a pipe burst open and destroyed the bathrooms. So we will be taking you home" I nodded "Thanks Corin" then I turned to Keira and said "I'll FaceTime you for homework" she hesitantly nodded.

~~~timeskip~~~
After coming home Santiago made me a snack with chamomile while Corin ran me a lavender bath to help me destress before talking to Keira again, apparently being human made me a baby. Corin picked out pajamas for me and I changed.

When I finished I sat at my bedroom desk and got out my homework, I FaceTimed Keira who picked up right away

When I finished I sat at my bedroom desk and got out my homework, I FaceTimed Keira who picked up right away. I explained everything to her while doing the homework and drinking my tea. Keira listened intently until I finished.

"Wow," she started "so you're queen of the vampires" I nodded and Keira said "Can I say something?" I bit my lip and nodded waiting for her response "I'm happy for you" I blinked and looked up at her to see her teary smiling face "What?" I asked.

"I'm happy for you. You're my first love, but after meeting Leah I and developing feelings for her I realized that I still love you but not the same way as before" I nodded for her to continue and she did "I was so afraid that you wouldn't have anyone to take care of you because you tend to neglect yourself for the sake of others" I remembered all those times that I stayed up late helping Jess and Angela get over Mike and Eric. I remembered helping dad with Bella even though she hurt me to make sure that he was okay.

"I love you Maisie but sometimes it's okay for you to be selfish" I nodded understanding "Thanks Keira that means a lot" she smiled and we said goodbyes. I leaned back as I realized that while I did love Keira it was no longer romantic but more like a friendship love. That was honestly a weight off my shoulders as I felt confused and stressed about my feelings. I just needed to talk about everything for things to clearer.

Corin and Santiago left and I ate dinner with dad and Cora before going to bed.