7| A thing or nothing

FINALLY, the last period of the day and luckily, it was PE and all I wanted was to get through it without any discomforts. Dylan, Miller, Cyan, Diane and her squad were all in this same class which meant I had to try and ignore Diane as much as possible. The coach had us put into two groups: defence and offense.

It was volley ball which to me, was not that bad of a sport. Dylan had gotten separated from me into the other group with Diane and a few more people, while Cyan, Miller and I with a few other people where in the same group.

My anxiety had gone up a bit and Miller had noticed but she put a hand on my shoulder saying that I should just relax and reassuring me that it will be fun.

Honestly, she has been one of the best and closest friends since I arrived here. Even in London, I wasn’t that close to my supposed best friend this much or maybe we weren’t even best friends.

“I’ll take it easy on you. Don’t worry.’’ Dylan winked at me before making his way to the other side of the net.

Beside me, was Cyan, giving Miller flirty Eyes and I was happy that she had found someone that she was falling for but I wasn’t in any way happy that it was Cyan. The thought of it made me sick and I wanted to advice her not to go out with him, but I knew that wasn’t in my place.

She had the right to date whoever she wants. Well except for Dylan of course. He’s mine.

Volley ball was fun even though Diane glared at me multiple times. But Cyan was surprisingly good at it which made it tough for the other teams to beat us. After sports, everyone was rushing to get home or rather go to the showers. But I on the other hand was walking up to meet Dylan before he leaves.

To my utter most shock, Diane came up to me, “hey… Julia right?’’ she asked obviously pretending like she was trying to remember me which clearly, she obviously did.

“Oh hi Diane.” I said in a sarcastic tone whilst rolling my eyes. What on earth could she possibly want? I think I’d prefer Cyan disturbing me right now to this brat.

“So you should probably know by now that I’m the head of the extracurricular activities board.” No I did not know that. “And you should also know that without engaging in an extracurricular activity, especially in senior year, you will hardly get into any college.”

“Well thanks for informing but I think with my perfect grades, not to brag, that will hardly be a problem for me.” I said as I attempted walking away. But she still held me back with a hand in front of my face. “Oh dear honey, with Cyan, my boyfriend just so you know, it will be extremely tough for you being second place in everything with no extra sport or activity you’re doing and we won’t want that to happen will we?”

I honestly just wanted to scratch the makeup off her face with my bare hands. It was clear that she was just trying to use this to get to me. Diane doesn’t care whether I get into my dream college, she just wanted to use my oblivion against me. And is Cyan still dating her. That liar.

Hopefully, she’s just trying to make me jealous with that instead of saying the truth. Well she failed woefully at trying to get me jealous by using Cyan. She failed a lot.

I’m better than this girl, I thought to myself, and that is why I decided to be the bigger person which I clearly am and I’m not going to let this insecure, little Regina George get to me.
I sighed, “Thanks for the information Diane. I’ll sign up for something.’’

~~~

Sadly, I couldn’t meet up with Dylan after school. One because, he was nowhere to be found and had probably gone home and two, my aunt had already come to pick me before I could ask Miller or Asher if they happened to know where he was. In the car ride home, my mind wandered.