5| A simple drive home

The car was deafening silent as Cyan drove us to God knows where.

"So tell me about yourself." Cyan broke the silence.

"Well for one I'm cold," I said as a notification sounded on my phone. I reached into my pocket and brought it out as I saw it was Dylan.

Dylan:heyy🙁
Me: what do you want.
Dylan: I'm really sorry about our date yesterday.
Me: ok.
Dylan: let me make it up to you with another one?❤💝💌
Me: look Dylan...you don't even know me. That date was a chance for us to get to know each other but It seems like I was boring enough for you to get carried away.
Dylan: where are you? Let me take you somewhere less noisy and romantic.
Me: I'm out with a friend.
Me: I'll think about this later bye.

I shut my phone off and looked the other way as Cyan noticed. "Who was that?"

"None of your business." I said angrily. "Look, we've been driving in circles for minutes now. Can you just take me home?"

"Agree to give me your number first."

"What? No way. So that you can stalk me everyday? No way." I shook my head.

"I think you're kind of the one that's stalking me. I mean transferring to my school, coming to my favourite food spot, coming to my brother's party." He listed.

"Asher's your brother?"

"Correction, my step brother."

"Whatever. I'm not stalking you." I rolled my eyes playfully.

He stopped driving and turned to look at me, "Then why did you transfer here 'Julia'?"

I scoffed, "If I allow you to get me ice cream, will you finally leave me alone?"

"Maybe." He shrugged with a smirk.

"Its worth a shot." I turned up the music and to my luck, they were playing Dua Lipa. I knew Cyan was groaning at my choice of songs but that's what he gets for forcing me into his car.

~~~

We had arrived at a place named, 'minty's ice cream bucket' it was pastel coloured and looked kind of like a modern diner.

Thankfully, the rain had calmed down and it was just drizzling.

We got down from the car and walked into the place as we saw a nice middle aged lady standing in front of the counter while I and Cyan walked up to order."What can I get you two?"

"I'll have the vanilla strawberry burst please." Cyan spoke as he looked at the menu.

"And what about you pretty girl?" The nice lady asked.

"Can I get the chocolate devotion please?" I asked politely.

She smiled and nodded as she started making the ice cream. We went to find a table as we sat down and I just gazed around.

Cyan broke the silence, "So I can finally say I got to take you out on a date."

"This is so NOT a date." I scoffed.

"Worth a try." He winked.

"Here you go." The lady put our orders on the table.