4| The party

After waiting for about an hour or two, we finally heard the door bell ring and when I opened it, I saw Dylan holding a bouquet of Roses.

"Aww you didn't have to get me these." I smiled at him as I gently collected them.

"Of course I did. Besides, you look like a beautiful rose."I smiled at him as I closed the door and walked with Miller into his car which was parked right in front of us.

~~~
On our way to the party, we played some music as Miller brought up a conversation.
"So I heard that Diane and her friends are going be at the party tonight."

"Wow I'm so shocked." Dylan said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

"If I'm being honest with you as a friend Julia, Diane is going to make your life Hell here for the way you spoke to her." Miller stated.

"Look I don't care. She can't do anything to me. She's just full of herself." I said whilst looking at Dylan who was smiling at me.

"Okay if you say so. Just know, you have a death wish." Miller said.

We had finally arrived at a mansion like building which was booming with music. I could see all the colours of light from the glass and silhouettes of some people too. We all got out the car and walked up to the front door.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." I grunted.

"Oh come on...its gonna be fun." Miller said as she dragged me inside as Dylan followed behind. The moment I got in, what I dreaded the most hit me hard. The smell of alcohol and weed flashed through my nose as the music was deafening to me. Although the songs were pretty good. As I walked past, I saw people staring in at me. One guy walked up to me and yelled, "You look hot!"

"Thank you!" I smiled as Dylan held my hand tight.

We entered a room where some people were. It was a lot less noisy but I could still here the music from the other side.

I sat down as Dylan offered to get me a drink.
"Do you want anything to drink?" He said with his hands on my shoulders.

"Just water will be fine, thanks." I smiled.

As he left I sat down on one of the cushions which were extremely comfortable. I waited there for about thirty minutes still not seeing Dylan return. Before I could stand up to search for him, I saw Diane and her friends walk in the room I had been staying.

As she walked in, they all glared at me. She walked up to me without hesitation. "It looks like Cinderella decided to dress up today." She said in and annoying British accent.

"Ah yes. I'm really glad your fairy godmother decided to help a brat like you." I said to her as I tried walking away. She and her friends stopped me. She looked furious. "You think you're so hot and perfect with your little british accent and hand me down clothes. I'm surprised my brother even decided to ask a trash like you out. Well, come to think of it, I'm not surprised. Trash comes in different shapes and sizes."

Kill her!

My brain said to me as I decided to calm down and be the bigger person. "Enjoy the party Diane. I'm going to get a drink." I smiled and walked away. I could feel the stares from behind me but I didn't look back. I made my way back through the noisy room again. I saw Dylan talking to some friends laughing.

Had he forgotten about me? His frickin date.

When I got to the kitchen, I found Cyan making out with some girl who was almost practically naked. I just ignored them and rolled my eyes as I looked in the fridge for anything that wasn't already mixed with alcohol. While I was searching, I heard the girl mumbling something to him, "let's go to your room babe." She moan-talked.
"No." Cyan responded as he continued kissing her on the kitchen island. At this point I had already found a drink. I was just pretending to look for one so that I could hear what they were saying. This was the only fun I was getting from this party.