15 - Maybe I Am Crazy

A/N: 5000 wc chapter <3 Get comfy babes. Grab some water and snacks and find a cool, dark place to read this my loves.

-But George knew that he and Dream weren't just friends. Not by a long shot.
Dream knew that too. And neither of them were bothered by that fact.
No, no they weren't.-

✧✧✧

"The first game of the season is this Friday." Coach Barnes said to the gathered football team in the locker room. George stood off to the side and gave the team a once-over. He didn't hide the fact that he was purposefully trying not to look in Dream's direction. That was hard given Dream sat in the front and was staring right at him.

"So, be on top of your game in practice if you want to play. I'll bench you if I catch you slacking off." A moment of silence, save for the sounds of breathing, "Got it?" Everyone grunted in agreement, and Coach clapped his hands twice in a way of dismissal. Everyone got up and went back to their lockers, chatter of the upcoming game started to come up in conversation. Of course it would. The first game basically decides how the rest of the season's going to be. At least, that's how they felt.

Not to mention that for the seniors, it'll be their last first game. George could sense the presence of his friends' anxiety, but he couldn't really do much for them. He didn't play, so he had no idea how it felt.

"George?" Coach spoke George away from his daze and snapped his head towards him. He must've gotten lost in his head. Again. He was doing that quite often recently. "Yes?" 

"Could you please give Mrs. Clarke the game schedule?" He asked, extending a piece of paper out to him. George internally sighed, it's not like he could say no. Coach was only asking to be polite. "Sure." George took the paper and didn't take another glance at the others before leaving.

Mrs. Clarke was the cheer coach. She was nice, sure. That, he didn't have a problem with. What he had a problem with was who was on the cheer team. Aubrey. George has been doing his best at avoiding her, despite the fact that she sits in front of him in chemistry.

She tries, and fails, to flirt when George doesn't acknowledge her existence. And recently, she's been trying to get with Dream. George didn't know if it was because Dream was just hot (George came to terms that Dream being hot was simply a fact at this point) or to make him jealous. Dream, obviously, just ignores her or gives her clipped answers. George couldn't help but feel a little relieved at that, but he couldn't decide if it was because Dream showed no interest, or if it was because Aubrey wasn't getting what she wanted. He decided that he didn't want to figure that out, so he left it alone.

George knew of the girls on the cheer team. They never really talked, thank's to Aubrey, because if they did George was pretty sure Ms. Captain-of-the-cheer-team would have either kicked them off the team or put them at the bottom of the pyramid. George didn't want to risk either of those options for the others so he was content with just subtly hello's and nods. 

When George stepped out of the building, he realized that today was extremely hot. Like, sticky skin and damp hair type of heat. God did George hate Florida weather. He couldn't count how many time's he's said that since summer started. 

George tried to slow his steps, prolonging him from entering the gym to where the cheerleaders were bound to be practicing. However, the heat just wouldn't do, so, despite his own wishes, he picked up the pace and reached the gym doors faster than he wanted to. Nothing seems to be going his way lately. 

George hated that. The loss of control. When putting it like that, it sounds bad but that's just how he was raised. George was raised with everything planned. He's organized and usually had some control, even if it was small. And lately, that control has been tampered with and he hated it. He hated the way it made him feel. Hated the way it made him anxious and unsettled. He didn't enjoy the feeling. Never had, never will.