-',✎chapter eight

𓆝 𓆜 ––––———–––––———–┊⁀➷THE FIRST HOGSMEADE TRIP WAS SCHEDULED FOR TWO DAYS BEFORE HALLOWEEN, AND MICKEY HAD PLANNED THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE EVERYTHING HE WANTED TO SHOW BAMBI

of course, bambi was excited to visit the small town outside of hogwarts, but halloween was now another reminder that she had one less person to share the muggle holiday with.

in the past, her father would send her a basket full of muggle candy with a small letter telling her how he was, along with promising her that he would visit her over the summer. however, oliver jin never did keep his promises.

but mickey was determined to make this day special for the younger, that way, the fresh burn of losing a loved one wasn't all that she was thinking about.

today was the dreaded day, and with the weather still not taking a turn for the worse, mickey encouraged bambi to wear the sage green dress located at the bottom of her trunk.

as the two set out, conversation flowed freely from their lips.  mickey had the entire day planned out. first honeydukes, where the two would buy a monstrous amount of candy, ranging from chocolate frogs and fudge flies to levitating sherbet balls and ice mice.

next, deverish and banges, for magical equipment. there, mickey would sneak off to buy this antique tea set (not that she knew this), which was enchanted to make tea. it was rather simple magic, but the tea set itself held great beauty, and mickey knew how much bambi absolutely adored antiques.

then, the three broomsticks for lunch. butterbeer, a given for the two students. the three broomsticks was 'the perfect place to sit and talk for lunch' as mickey stated. and by that time the two would  go to one last stop, zonkos joke shop, where mickey would buy a few more supplies he would need to go pranking with fred and george, then they would walk around a little more, before finally heading back to hogwarts.

the day seemed to be going well, in bambi's opinion at least, but with mickey's constant enthusiasm and his obsession with doing everything at once, it was hard for her to keep up.

at honeydukes, bambi bought two different candies, before deciding it was enough. 'when i visit with my mother, i don't want her to have another reason to scold me.' she would say. at this, mickey just frowned and nodded, before changing the subject and directing her to the next shop.