Chapter 17: Flight

Depuis le début

Akali: I forgot.

Evelynn groaned in frustration while the rest of us had a small laugh.

Joe: I missed this.

The hour flew by in an instant and Kai'sa and I arrived at mom's place. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. It didn't take long for mom to arrive and look at me.

Joe: Hey mom!

Lilith: Are you alone?

Joe: Nope.

I stepped aside, revealing Kai'sa.

Kai'sa: Hey Lilith, how are you?

Lilith: Oh dear, I'm so sorry for what my stupid son said.

Kai'sa: Water under the bridge. Sure he almost broke five hearts at once, but he's doing his best to fix his mistakes.

Lilith: That's good to hear. What brings you here?

Joe: I gotta pack some stuff. We're going on tour.

Lilith: You're leaving....

Joe: Just a couple of months. Besides, when we get some down time I'll make sure to visit. Maybe send some tickets to one of the concerts.

Lilith: Just be safe alright?

Joe: Sure thing.

We went upstairs and my room was as clean as ever, which isn't a surprise considering that I haven't spent a single night in here. I grabbed two duffel bags and stuffed some stuff inside. Clothes, toothbrush and shampoo. I grabbed my backpack and put my laptop and headphones inside. I looked at Kai'sa to see she was staring into nothingness.

Joe: Hey Kai'sa, you okay?

Kai'sa: Hm? Uhmm...Yeah. I was just thinking.

Joe: About what?

Kai'sa: That we finally get to go on tour together.

Joe: Only the first of many. I'm practically done here anyway. Wanna head back?

Kai'sa: Mhm.

We went and headed to the pharmacy first, to stock up on painkillers and then home.
Upon arrival I saw Akali struggle to close her suitcase.

Joe: You okay there?

Akali: Yup.

It was clear that she was still struggling.

Joe: What the hell did you pack? Ramen?

Akali: Noooo?

I stood there with a deadpan face.

Joe: You're joking right? Your addiction needs to stop.

Akali: NEVER!

Joe: Akali.....why do you bring instant ramen with you when we can just get ramen whenever we want?

She went silent.

Akali: Fine, I guess I can leave a couple of packs here.

She opened her suitcase and took two ramen packs out. I then took another twelve out.

Akali: Do you want me to starve?

Joe: That's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Akali: Are you calling me fat?!

Joe: No.

Akali: Then what are you implying?

Joe: I'm saying that we can just get street food whenever you want. Better than instant ramen.