07

5:56 am

The house was cold, freezing actually. My legs were hardly covered by the blanket, causing me to tangle them in Travis's. I hid my face in his shoulder, hoping to get every ounce of warmth I could. My phone buzzed under my shoulder and I jerked back to look at it and see if it was my mother. Unfortunately, it wasn't good news. They still had to wait at the lodge until someone could dig them out. They didn't think they'd be home until the end of the day.

I locked my phone and turned around to place it on the coffee table. Travis groaned behind me, tightening his grip around my waist and pulling me against him. I figured cuddling with a boy I hardly met was kind of weird, but yet again, he was cute and we needed to share body heat in order to keep warm. So, for now, I wasn't complaining. On the plus side, he smelled really good.

"Do you always move so much when you sleep?" Travis muttered behind me, his voice rough from sleep and rumbling through my back.

"I had to check my phone. Sorry." I whispered back, putting my hands over his arms and rubbing them gently.

"What time is it?" He asked as he nuzzled his nose into my hair.

"Six." I answered. "Our parents won't be back for awhile."

"Is that an invitation?" I could hear the smile in Travis's voice and that only made me roll my eyes. I pried Travis's arms off of me and threw my legs over the couch. "What?" He whined.

"You're such a perv, Trav." The floor was already giving me frostbite, so I quickly jogged up the steps and made it to my room.

I grabbed some sweatpants and socks to throw on and then slipped into a sweatshirt. I felt a lot warmer, so I headed back downstairs to see Travis stretching on the couch. I walked into the kitchen to find food and decided to eat some cereal. Travis joined me in kitchen, his hair a bigger mess than it usually was. He looked half awake and I was amazed he was still standing and not falling asleep.