024

2:32 pm

"They're leaving again?" Travis asked behind me and I turned to see Travis at the bottom of the stairs as he pulled a shirt over his head.

"One little storm isn't gonna keep us off those skii hills!" My mother hollered back at us as she happily skipped out of the house.

"You kids behave." Delilah pointed at Travis and I, giving us a stern look that appeared almost playful.

Everyone then disappeared and I walked to the window to make sure they were getting in the car and leaving. As the car drove slowly through the snow, I turned to see Travis eyeing me as he bit down on his lower lip. I couldn't help but smile as he inched sexily towards me. I guess he didn't feel like behaving.

Travis cupped my cheek with one hand and gently pressed his lips against mine. I easily fell into him, letting his other hand guide or hips closer. I guess behaving was a little overrated when you were stuck in the house with someone that had irresistibly soft lips. But no matter how much fun I wanted to have with him, something else was distracting me.

"Hey, Trav." I whispered against his lips. He simply hummed in response. "I think we should talk first. Just to clear some things up."

"You want to do that now?" He pulled away to look at me and I hesitantly shrugged. I wanted to but I was scared of how the conversation would end. "We can."

I cracked a smile and grabbed his hand, leading him to the couch. We both sat sideways, just inches from each other with one leg hanging off the couch. But before I could open my mouth and spill out all the thoughts that had consumed me today, Travis kissed me again. And it worried me this time. It felt like he was kissing me just one last time.

"You're nervous about this conversation too?" I asked, looking into his deep eyes as I nibbled at my lower lip.

"A little bit. We're different enough that this conversation could go horribly wrong."

"Well then, let's not let that happen." I smiled and gave him one last kiss, savoring the feeling of his lips matching so perfectly with mine. "Let's have a mature, yet positive, conversation."