023

7:36 am

"Thank god, we're the first ones up." I sighed as I got out of bed and didn't hear any noise in the rest of the house.

I could tell Travis was struggling to pull himself out of bed but he knew he had to get out of my room before someone saw. Since I was already awake, I decided I might as well eat breakfast in peace before everyone did. Travis opened the door to my room and walked out, myself following close behind him with my hand in his. Travis stopped abruptly and, before I could asked why, my eyes spotted his mother.

Her eyes traveled from Travis, to our interlaced fingers, and then to me. My eyes widened and my heart quickened. "You guys are behaving, aren't you? There are other people in this house."

"Yes, Delilah." I slipped my hand out of Travis's and folded my hands behind me. "Good morning, by the way."

"Good morning, dear." Delilah smiled at me and then started down the stairs, letting my heart take a breather.

I turned to Travis and noticed he was smiling. I glared up at him and lightly punched this arm. A sleepy, low chuckle rumbled in his chest before he leaned down to kiss my forehead. He headed into his room and I headed downstairs, hoping I wouldn't get questioned or lectured by his mother. I was already embarrassed enough. Luckily, though, Delilah was busy preparing herself a bowl of oatmeal.

"Travis must really like you." She said quietly as I walked into the kitchen, causing me to freeze mid-step. "He would've left your room last night if he were worried about anyone seeing. He doesn't care to hide you."

"How do you know that?" I asked hesitantly, leaning back against the counter.

Delilah turned to me, her eyes scanning me quickly. "I can see when he sneaks a girl out of the house. But he's too quick for me to catch him with the girl. Trust me, dear, if he didn't want anyone to see then they wouldn't see."

"So, it's a good thing you ran into us?" I awkwardly chuckled.

"Good if you're looking for more than a fling."

Was I looking for more than a fling? I definitely didn't want to be his fuck buddy, but a relationship was a lot to ask for.