~Part 11: Secret~

Start from the beginning

I took a glanced towards those new prisoners before looking at Lex

"Squeeze some answers from them until their last breaths and give me the reports and information you gathered by the end of the day" I said sternly before walking out of the basement as I tried to remove the blood stains in my dress.

However..... I felt someone coming over so I quickly tried to hide my stained dress.

"Lady Abigail, I was looking all over for you" Jeremie arrived and greeted with a smile plastered on his face which I just exchanged with a cold stare as I bowed at him a little.

Seeing someone entering my grounds without getting permission, I wonder if I made it very clear to my knights that I'm not in the mood for entertaining anyone.

"It's an honor for you to visit here at such time... I wonder what's the reason?" I said with a calm tone as I looked at him.

His eyes wondered around and seemed to notice the blood stains on my dress as he looked back at me and walked closer.

"Is everything alright?" He asked with a hint of worried in his eyes as he held my hand which I deliberately faked a cough and pulled my hand away from his touch before stepping backwards a little.

"Everything is alright, Your Highness" I said bluntly, I heard him sigh as he took a step closer to me again.

"I just wanted to know... If you're not busy today, maybe want to come with me explore the capital?" He asked but I just gave him a stern look.

"A big celebration will be happening tomorrow, that means the duel is near. I would prefer, you should assure your people's win for tomorrow's event otherwise.... your plan on having an alliance with us will be... bye bye" I exclaimed and scoffed, enjoying his reaction.

 I can feel his shocked expression as he clenched his fist while a sly smirk was plastered on my face as I looked at him.

I just sighed and then took my excuse, yet I seemed to have angered him that made him grab my shoulder harshly and pinned me to the wall.

Instead of fighting back, I just let him. It was amusing to know that there's this side of him, getting angry over small things.

"How did you know?" He asked furiously.

"It's easy to guess based on your actions, Your Highness" I stated bluntly and harshly removed his hand on each side before giving him a slap on the face, leaving his speechless as he gave me a startled look.

" And That's for disrespecting me under my roof" I uttered as I started walking away, leaving him behind but he stopped me again by grabbing my hand forcefully making me face him.

"Just you wait, once my kingdom made alliance with yours... I'll definitely ask for your hand in marriage" He exclaimed and let my hand go before walking away.

"Let's just see 'bout that... and I assure you that tomorrows' duel will be bloody" I uttered, causing him to stop in his tracks and look at me with his intimate gaze yet I just gave him a cold shoulder as I walked pass him.

How dare he... try to intimidate me.

If he doesn't have that much title, I would've cut that sharp tongue of his.

It doesn't matter if we shared memories before, after all.... it's all in the past.

Abigail Axelin's story ended a long time ago........

I took a bath before tending my self neatly, wearing a simple dress and a small make up. After that, I then went towards the Emperor's place after one of his people sent me a letter.

What happened earlier will stay between me and Jeremie. Yet, now that my proclamation is true then that just means...

I'm already one step ahead against them.

"Lady Abigail!" As I walked at the palace's hall, someone called my name from behind.

"Lord Luke..." I bowed my head a little before looking back at him, standing in front of me with a small smile plastered in his face.

This man... standing in front of me, was the man who killed me inside in the past years. I expected myself that I shouldn't feel anything when our path crosses again but... 

I felt a silent rage, slowly burning inside me... A sudden anger enlightened in my heart as I faced him completely.

I want to leave... But that would be disrespectful, I took a deep breath silently to keep my composure as I stayed silent for the mean time and waited for him to speak.

"The weather is quite nice today" He said and looked at the window, enjoying the outside view perhaps and I couldn't agree more.

"I agree" I said bluntly as I then lowered my head a little and excused myself.

"What makes you visit here by the way?, if... You don't mind me asking"