Chapter 38 : awkward

Mikey's POV

I'm finally getting close to her little by little Mr. Hatake...oh I mean Kakashi.

Mikey - *lightly smiles*

flashback•

Kakashi - please call me Kakashi, you can drop the formalities, we colleagues from now on.

Mikey - well I mean if you say so...my bad for calling you old man-

Kakashi - it was probably because of my hair *lightly chuckles* but trust me I'm not that old *smiles*

Mikey - with that mask on I can't tell.

Kakashi - well....*smiles*

flashback ends•

Kakashi sure is still a mysterious guy... but he's a trusted one, he was nice enough to tell me everything about her.

Takemichi POV

i should probably start saying something, I mean the silence doesn't seem to be awkward, is actually nice but I know it'll end up being awkward if no one says anything... ugh never mind- god are you trying to jinx this !?

30 minutes later•

30 minutes past, and no one moved or said anything...the sunset was going out...

if I were to say how many minutes were left until it's completely dark then I would say about 8 more minutes.

I really have to say something....

Takemichi - hey wh-

Y/N - Mikey

Mikey - hm

Y/N - so...your part of a gang ?

Mikey - yup ! I'm the Comamnder.

Y/N - that's..nice...

Takemichi - *mentally screams and fake cries*

they grow up so fast '🥲' 

Mikey - why the sudden question ?

Y/N - ....well... after what went down on the day of the festival...I pretty much caught up with everything by the time I woke up...although I don't remember much after blacking out...but the fight and getting stabbed I sure did.

Mikey - well it's my duty to try and protect what I hold precious you know. *smiles*

Y/N - I see.

so are we just going to ignore the fact that Mikey was trying to flirt ? '🧍🏼'

Mikey - would you like to join ?

Y/N - no.

Mikey - ...

.....

Silence filled the atmosphere...I was mentally praying for this conversation to end well but it ended with an absolute big failure...I wanted to share my thoughts but I wanted to see how they would interact with each other...considering how this was there first time being alone with me and talking... specifically them from the past...

Takemichi - but-but why not ? just imagine ! you can be free !

Y/N - how in any way is being in a Gang going to set me free ?

Takemichi - well..uhm-

Mikey - my gang isn't like any other dirty minded ones...mine is different ! my comrades aren't just tools for me...there more like my second family ! and with them on my side I can promise them that they will come first... anyone who dares to hurt them... will deal with me.

Y/N - so your trying to play hero then ? there's no such thing as a hero is this world...

Mikey - I'm not trying to step in as one, I'm trying to create a new era of delinquents, one that-

Y/N - but what's the point in that ? whenever there's a gang involved violence and blood follows it. why don't you get that ? Gangs only involve innocent people.

Mikey - I'm telling you that-

Takemichi - he-hey guys-

Mikey and Y/N - not now !

Y/N - ok and what about me ? i was caught up in one too !

Mikey - you were told to leave so many times ! but you wanted to play 'hero' and get yourself involved ! no one was asking for your presence there !

Y/N - I stayed because of my own choice ! no one gets to order me around ! if I'm willing to sacrifice myself for anyone then I'll do it !

Mikey - whatever I'm so out of here !

Y/N - fine by me ! I'm out of here too !

both Mikey and y/n stood up and went there separate ways, I was still sitting down from the awkward scenario I was in while they were yelling at eachother...see I couldn't butt in...I got yelled at and I knew better not to speak twice...there both scary when there mad...

Takemichi - y/n ! hey hey ! Mikey ! wait guys ! *sighs* there not coming back ....damnit ! *sighs again* what the hell was that all about ? why would Mikey ask her that question out of the blue ?!

damnit damnit damnit !!! Naoto just hold on a little longer...I'll make sure to bring you back !

1 week later•

A week later past and I haven't seen or heard from y/n nor Mikey...

was there argument that bad that they actually blame me ?! on my god what if they actually do ?! damnit ok let's not think too much about it...I have a quiz next period...

y/n hasn't come to school...Mikey hasn't come to visit me in school either...I began to feel dumb..

I kept going to the park where I usually see y/n admiring the sunset but she wasn't nowhere to be found every time I went there...and I haven't seen Mikey in his favorite restaurant where he's usually eating his kids meal either...

is this really my fault ?? ....